Haven Builders is looking to hire a Residential Site Supervisor
As a Construction Site Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring that projects are completed on time, on budget and to our high standards. You will need to develop project plans and coordination. Ideally you will, at times, work alongside the crew providing training and mentoring during the project.
· Organize, schedule and execute all aspects of construction projects from start to finish;
· Effectively communicate with engineers, inspectors, designers, as well as managers and crew during every phase of the project.
· Ensure that all who attend the construction site are conforming to health and safety rules.
· Supervise and oversee projects, ensuring that the design specifications are met
· Complete constructions on budget while maintaining quality standards.
· Liaise with the client, other construction professionals and, sometimes, members of the public
· Co-ordinate and supervise construction workers
· Make safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety
· Ability to read and interpret design/structural drawing
· Maintain quality control procedures
· Find ways to prevent problems and to solve any that crop up
· Assess and minimize risk
· Help securing permits and licencing
· Supervise the use of machinery and equipment
· Monitor expenditure and ensure it remains within budget
· Resolve problems independently when they arise
· Regularly report on progress to managers and owners
· 5+ years related experience in a leadership role is required
· Post-Secondary degree/diploma in a construction related field
· Ability to interrupt site and building plans and specifications
· Results and solutions oriented individual
· Can successfully prioritize tasks based on demand and deadlines
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with different levels and types of employees
· A track record that clearly demonstrates effective leadership when interacting with multiple external clients
· Knowledge of the complete new home construction process
· Ability to work autonomously with frequent travel to site locations
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Willingness to perform general labour tasks when required
· Strong knowledge of the National Building Code, construction methods and practices
· High level of understanding of the OHSA and applicable regulations, ability to enforce Health and Safety practices
· Proficient with Microsoft Office
· Having physical on site work experience in new home construction is an asset
· Committed team player with excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to write and administer simple subcontracts and change orders.
· Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients
· Ability to collaborate with designers on projects.
We offer steady work, a competitive wage and benefits. To apply, please respond to this ad and attach your resume.
We thank all those who apply for this position however only those chose for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Site Management : 5 years (Preferred)