This position is responsible for the Process Ownership and Process Management of various technical processes used to manufacture Large Structural Titanium and/or Superalloy castings. Depending on the candidate's qualifications, he or she may be a Process Owner for multiple processes, such as Monoshell (ceramic shell build), Casting, Heat Treatment, Welding, and/or Chemical processing. The Process Owner is responsible for assuring that processes are performed in compliance with customer and internal specifications, establishing process control/improvement initiatives, and implementing cost reductions.
- Preparing/updating work instructions and procedures for relevant operations
- Training/assisting personnel in technical subject matter
- Employing statistical methodologies to continuously monitor and improve process and/or part quality
- Developing and implementing process improvement plans
- Application of customer requirements to manufacturing operations to ensure processes are compliant.
- Identify needed manufacturing capability enhancements, develop solutions, and lead implementation of action plans.
- Develop understanding of equipment and system operating procedures
- Assist in trouble shooting equipment issues, liason with maintenance and facilities engineering as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Metallurgical Engineering or Ceramics/Materials Engineering degree strongly preferred; investment casting experience preferred. Experience in a manufacturing facility preferred.
: United States-VA-Hampton
US HVH Hampton, Virginia
One Howmet Drive
: Engineering and Technology
: 02714-34511 HSC TI Engineering
: Day Job
: Experienced Hourly Paid or Salaried : Salaried
: Entry Level
: Feb 3, 2020, 11:11:15 AM
Minimum Years of Experience :
0 / entry Level