Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. an established, well-respected local civil engineering, planning and surveying firm located in La Plata (Charles County) Maryland, is seeking Land Survey CAD Technicians with a minimum of three (3) years of experience. This position is responsible for developing survey construction stakeout and as-built plans and boundary survey drawings in a CAD/CIVIL3D platform; receiving field data and transforming them into working drawings, existing conditions base sheets and finished plats. The Survey CAD Technician will work under the direction of a Project Surveyor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for understanding and completing drawings in accordance with project specifications and various industry survey standards.
- Creating a preliminary and/or final sketch of proposed drawings, using computer-assisted design/drafting equipment.
- Modifying drawings as directed by project manager or project surveyor.
- Work closely with other surveyors and engineers to insure a coordinated design.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary.
Qualifications: The successful candidate must have at least three (3) years’ experience preferred in civil design or surveying and the following skills:
- Advanced knowledge of AUTOCAD with demonstrated experience using AutoCAD/CIVIL3D-Current Version
- Experience with drawing setup, scale usage, dimensioning, labeling and plotting, and editing of surfaces within a 2D and 3D environment.
- Experience in processing field data collection electronic files.
- Strong work ethic with desire to work in a productive team environment.
- Effective oral and written communication within all levels of company management and fellow employees.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, we are unable to sponsor applicants for work authorization
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits; including group medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement, and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Survey CAD: 2 years (Required)
- AutoCAD/Civil 3D: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative