IT Technologist/OSD Developer – SCCM Support
BUSINESS UNIT: Enterprise Infrastructure & Operations, End User Compute Services
1. This position requires someone with SME (subject matter expert) level knowledge of desktop Operating System Deployment processes, Image Development, configuration and use of MDT, SCCM OSD, USMT, design and administration of Microsoft SCCM (all versions) in an enterprise, and SCCM based reporting.
2. The candidate should be familiar with proven expertise in all areas of Managed Desktop Services, including those mentioned above, along with Level 3 and 4 Support, and the ability to provide consulting advisory and technical delivery services for special projects related to these services.
3. Project work around developing images for a Windows 10 & Office 365 migration.
4. Responsible for operational support for OS deployment and package distribution via SCCM.
5. Position will support monthly MS patching process for 100k+ devices.
- Develop user facing automation processes called from OSD task sequence
- Leverage scripts for automation of processes
Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of MDT and SCCM OSD processes
- Experience with operating system refresh, including data migration
- Strong knowledge of both PowerShell and vbscript
- MS Patch deployment experience
- Familiarity with application packaging process
Top Technical skills to look for:
· MS SCCM OSD – Image Development and Deployment
· MS Deployment Toolkit (MDT ) – Image Development and Deployment
· Windows Operating System Deployment
· User State Migration Tool (USMT)
· Desktop related Group Policy Objects (GPO)
· Scripting with Powershell and VBScript
· MS SCCM 2012 – Design, Configuration, Administration
· Software Distribution
· Patch Management
· Desktop and Application virtualization
Top Soft Skills to look for:
· Technical BA skills
· High Quality Written and Oral Communications
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of IT experience with B.A or B.S.
- 3+ years of IT experience with a M.A. or M.S.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Four years’ experience with Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM2012): architecture, installation and upgrades, administration and operational usage.
- Three years’ experience with scripting languages (VBScript, PowerShell) for automation and SQL queries
- Expertise with Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems.
- Systems administration for client-facing platforms.
- Personal computing hardware and software architecture
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Collaboration and influencing skills
- Knowledge of other systems management tools in an operational environment
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, MIS or Engineering
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
- The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- Must be able to lift or move (i.e. computers, servers, etc.) weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to travel independently to various sites
Job Type: Contract
- MS Patch Deployment: 2 years (Required)
- SCCM OSD: 3 years (Required)
- PowerShell: 1 year (Required)