Fisher Dynamics is the automotive industry’s premier supplier of safety – critical seat structures and mechanisms. Steeped in a tradition of excellence, and rooted in automotive innovation, the Fisher story is filled with automotive manufacturing milestones. We bring design, engineering, and manufacturing vehicle seating systems to a new level with innovative thinking. We’re about cutting edge ideas. We have created an environment that encourages an uninterrupted flow of revolutionary concepts and unique ideas.
We are currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer for our St. Clair Shores location. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining effective manufacturing processes and systems utilizing best engineering practices to provide optimum solutions to meet company goals and objectives.
Have we piqued your interest?
- Ability to troubleshoot manufacturing problems on the production floor and address downtime concerns.
- Execute and follow up on manufacturing improvements for procedures, labor reductions, production rate, workflow, material handling, and detection methods on the production floor.
- Audit and maintain various manufacturing related documentation and reports. Update and develop specifications, procedures, process routings, change request, equipment and building layouts, and PFMEAs.
- Seek out and develop new processes, systems, and methods in line with management’s technical and financial goals.
- Provide team support for new launches and product changes to ensure design feasibility for manufacturing.
- Respond efficiently and effectively to address product quality issues and play an active role in meeting department key performance indicators.
- Evaluate, review, and signoff on supplier packaging changes.
- Minimal travel may be required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing, within automotive seating and/or mechanism environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Process Engineering or equivalent experience and training
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- MIG Welding and Laser welding process knowledge preferred
- Understanding of MTM or other motion studies
- Intermediate skills in AutoCAD
- Ability to work in a multi-task fast paced environment
- Communicate and interact effectively with production staff, managers, and other departments
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Office environment 50% - production plant floor 50%
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Working environment and physical requirements of this position are those typical of an office setting and manufacturing environment\\
If you are interested in a growth-oriented culture and great people, we want to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saint Clair Shores, MI 48082: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location