Building Engineer – Burlington, MA
National Development (ND) is looking for a full-time commercial Building Engineer reporting directly to a Chief Engineer to assist our property management team on a portfolio of Office and Retail properties at The District in Burlington, MA. The District is a vibrant 1.3M s.f. business center situated on 64 acres with nine commercial and three retail buildings. During ND’s ownership, The District has been transformed to meet the needs of today’s innovative work force. The management team is constantly striving to provide a dynamic setting that promotes tenant collaboration and innovation. The ideal candidate must be skilled in all areas of general maintenance and must be able to perform physical maintenance operations of the property.
As a Building Engineer, your primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Assist Chief Engineer in the performance of all maintenance duties for the assigned portfolio. Conduct general site, building and mechanical room inspections to insure cleanliness, safety and environmental compliance of all systems and ensure all is maintained in a professional matter.
· Assist with the preventative maintenance programs. This shall include check-off lists, machinery history, safety inspection and test records.
· Assist the Chief Engineer with managing responsibilities for work performance of all building vendors including the scheduling, directing and planning the job performance for vendors and service contractors.
· Keep the Chief Building Engineer and Property Manager advised of all matters incidental to the operational status, major overhauls and casualties to all systems.
· Reliably handle emergency situations including being on-call, as needed.
You Create Value by:
· Being dedicated to our Tenants and Owners – working to exceed their expectations, resolve any building-related issues, and strive to create an extraordinary experience.
· Being dedicated to ND – proactively manage issues, maintain a positive attitude and proudly represent ND’s professionalism and values.
· Being dedicated to your team - you roll up your sleeves and assist team members—no job is “below your pay grade”.
What You Bring to Us:
· Client service oriented attitude.
· Skilled in all areas of maintenance. Experience in commercial property management is preferred.
· Self-motivated, independent individual desired.
· Willingness to jump in, learning new tasks and systems.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills are mandatory.
What We Bring You:
National Development (www.natdev.com) is one of Boston’s leading real estate operating companies. The firm develops, operates and invests in all major property types, including office, industrial, hospitality, retail, and housing, as well as healthcare-related properties (senior housing, medical office, research lab).
National Development offers a wide range of insurance options, programs and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Including:
· Comprehensive and affordable health plans
· Life insurance
· Employee wellness incentives
· Company-matched 401K
We want our team members to be happy and healthy, both personally and professionally. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters and health and wellness.
National Development is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time