Bacon, Farmer, Workman Engineering & Testing, Inc. (BFW), a regional engineering firm based in Paducah KY, is currently seeking an entry level/experienced Civil Transportation/Roadway Engineer to join our team in our Springfield, IL office.
About us / Visit:
· Plan and design urban and rural roadways, site developments, and stormwater management / drainage design.
· Provide engineering solutions to complex problems with oversight from a professional engineer or supervisor/manager.
· Investigate field conditions and read and comprehend as-built drawings, construction specifications, client base standards and technical information to develop drawings.
· Develop plans and related documents from engineering input; perform mathematical calculations; and prepare details and other related requirements as part of the overall bidding / construction document package.
· Must also be self-motivated, friendly, positive, accurate, and pay strict attention to detail and direction.
· Utilize MicroStation, Power Geopak V8i Powered by OpenRoads Technology, and other related design software applications for required for plan production.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, be willing to accept occasional out-of-town travel assignments, and able to work overtime to meet project demands and deadlines.
· Preform all duties as assigned in an accurate and efficient manner.
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with intentions to become a licensed Professional Engineer.
· 0 to 4+ years of experience in Preliminary Engineering Phase I & II (planning and design) for Roadway Projects.
Other Preferred Qualifications (but not Required):
· Experience with MicroStation, Power Geopak V8i Powered by OpenRoads Technology, and other related design software applications for roadway and structure design.
· Experience with 3D modeling software in roadway, structure and site development design.
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD software for Site Development
· Excellent benefits including a competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k) plan.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off