Sr. Technical Service Engineer
Omnicell Senior Technical Service Engineers (Sr. TSE) provide troubleshooting, repair services, and scheduled preventive maintenance for the Omnicell pharmacy and supply automation solutions at customer sites across the country. Omnicell Sr. TSEs are dispatched as needed by Omnicell’s 24x7 Call Center. Although Sr. TSEs focus mainly on hardware repairs, the Omnicell solutions are a combination of hardware and software, and TSEs work with both. Additionally, Sr. TSE’s are expected to have expertise on multiple product lines, mentor/lead other TSEs & 3rd Party technicians, and be capable of assisting Service Managers with their roles.
- Mentor all TSEs and third party technicians on multiple product lines
- Help to coordinate all large field projects
- On-site troubleshooting and repair of customer problems on Omnicell products.
- Meet company guidelines for response time and service levels
- Differentiate between hardware and software product problems
- Collect and report all customer and problem data in Omnicell database
- Escalate product bugs, malfunctions, and design issues through support channels for resolution
- Provide support coverage 24 hour/7day a week
- Frequent local travel which can include long distances and also covering for others in different regions
- Participation in various staff meetings
- Manage territory service quality and customer satisfaction; parts inventory and RMA process; and software updates
- Participate in various field projects as necessary
- Troubleshoot customer issues over the phone and provide remote support.
- Provide home office and space for trunk stock inventory
Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer skills in the following areas: Database, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, & Graphics.
- Computer systems skills: Windows 7, XP, 2003 SQL, Firefox & Networking
- Intermediate electronics knowledge
- Possess excellence in spoken and written English
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work well with customers.
- Must have good organization skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. to approximate 5 ft. height
- Ability to multitask
- evaluate multiple customer issues and set priorities
- manage processes
- Advanced troubleshooting and analytical skills, along with good leadership.
- Ability to assist the manager in administrative areas
- Display advanced product knowledge on multiple product lines.
Note: The selected individual must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, be able to meet the company’s insurance coverage requirements, and have their own vehicle in acceptable working condition.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Biomedical, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or Robotics OR Associate degree /Technical Certification with 3 years of demonstrated work experience troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems OR a high school diploma/GED with at least 8 years of demonstrated work experience troubleshooting and repairing electromechanical systems
- Coursework in Network Engineering, Robotics or Electronics
- 5 years of demonstrated work experience troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems
- Experience working in a hospital environment
- 100% regional travel required
- Field-based position
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $33.00 to $43.00 /hour
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement