MSquare Healthcare is a medical technology company with a mission to improve movement and cognition outcomes in aging and neurology patients across the world. MSquare’s immersive therapy experiences are designed to be the core of a universal brain repair platform and combine unique cognitive and motor explorations that engender dynamic and continuous patient movement. For more information visit: www.msquarehealthcare.com.
We are looking for a capable, motivated technical writer to lead the documentation effort for our medical device software(Software as a medical device - SaMD) and hardware, complying with appropriate FDA registration (and corresponding European registration). Additional writing will include instruction manuals, troubleshooting documentation, and internal architectural and software specification documents. This writer must comfortable interacting with engineers on a daily basis, asking questions to understand the system specification, requirements, and product design. They must then be able to document all aspects of the engineering and design process and work with dedicated quality system staff to structure that documentation appropriately for regulatory compliance.
Some manual software testing will also be required as part of this job. There is potential for this role to grow into a full software QA engineer for the right candidate.
- 2-5 years of experience doing technical writing and editing
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of software engineering concepts and software systems
- Understanding of software development methodology such as agile, lean, and scrum
- Ability to discuss system design with engineers, and translate that discussion to written documentation
- Work with internal QA/QMS team to develop documentation that complies with FDA requirements for medical device submissions
- Highly motivated to understand software systems, and able to speak with engineers as needed in order to expand that understanding for documentation purposes
- Comfortable with various levels of documentation, ranging from high level requirements down to low level API and security concerns
- The ability to hierarchically understand a software system and its accompanying documents, and identify priorities and challenges in documentation
- Create diagrams, flow charts, and other technical diagrams as needed
- Design and create customer-facing documentation including quick start documentation, user manuals, troubleshooting guides
- A willingness to grow professionally in a startup setting and embrace unconventional and highly agile development methodologies
Additional recommended skills:
- Familiarity with common quality system and software documentation tools such as Confluence, JIRA and Azure.
- Software testing/quality assurance experience
- Some technical knowledge of software development, basic programming experience a plus
- Basic graphic design abilities, particularly for instruction manual style diagrams
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Technical Writing: 2 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Temporarily due to COVID-19