Armstrong prides itself on being a leader in airport engineering, planning, and construction administration, specializing exclusively in airports throughout the western United States. We believe that as the world of aviation changes, airport staff require an adaptive, interactive team to partner with communities to meet airport needs. Armstrong has been collaborating with airport staff in developing successful project outcomes for over 45 years. We continue to grow and expand the depth and breadth of our company reach and seek dedicated professionals to join us in that growth.
Armstrong Consultants is seeking an Airport Design Engineer for an exceptional opportunity in its Grand Junction, CO office. This position works on general aviation, non-hub, and small-hub commercial service airports, assisting an Airport Project Manager to facilitate the completion of FAA and State DOT aviation projects within an assigned area. Work tasks include the entire life cycle of a project: capital improvement planning, grant facilitation, NEPA process, land acquisition, design, bidding construction, and closeout.
This position includes both airside and landside improvements, site civil design, runway/taxiway extensions, apron expansions, pavement overlays and reconstructions, airfield lighting and navigational aids, concrete and asphalt pavement designs, and pavement maintenance projects. These typically include designing drainage systems, pavement structural sections, aircraft traffic routing and parking plans, preparing plans and specifications, developing cost estimates, managing project bidding, coordinating the execution of contract documents, reviewing
material submittals, reviewing and interpreting construction material test results, and monitoring construction project documentation.
Essential Functions or Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team-oriented environment and have a strong commitment to the Values of the Company. Applicants should be self-motivated in a hard-working environment and possess the initiative, desire, and leadership to continuously improve. The candidate must have the ability to learn and understand engineering project details, with the ability to communicate those details to individuals inside and outside of the firm.
- Performing the necessary research and analyses to deliver work accurately and completely.
- Assist in the production of construction plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Assist in developing contract specifications and bid estimates.
- Assisting in the delivery of profitable projects by being responsive to budgets and schedules; monitoring and acting quickly on construction project progress.
- Coordinate and schedule work to meet project goals on time and on budget.
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to convey engineering decisions and concepts to non-technical and technically based audiences.
- Ability to work within a variety of team environments, including varying team sizes and personnel.
- Prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Communicating with clients, project team members, and Senior Airport Engineer Project Manager to create/maintain shared expectations.
- Assists with proposals, including bid documents, project reports, and other documentation.
Additional Duties: * Accurate daily timekeeping
- Perform other duties and interdepartmental functions as assigned
- Employee travel transportation can and may involve company-owned, private and or leased aircraft along with the company, personal owned or leased vehicles
Required Education and Licensure: * Bachelor or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent field of study
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Valid drivers’ license and maintenance of satisfactory driving record
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisory responsibilities. Physical Requirements: To perform the duties of this job, you will need to operate a moving vehicle and are required to sit for long periods. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds. Armstrong offers competitive compensation packages and excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, employee stock ownership plan, generous PTO plan, paid holidays, and compressed workweek scheduling options with Friday afternoons off.
We are an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status. Armstrong Consultants is an E-Verify & a Drug-Free Workplace.
\*\*Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. \*\*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,000.00 - $58,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location