Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
TI’s High Voltage Power team is looking to grow our family of world-class strategic, technical talent. We are on a mission to make a positive, lasting impact in key gate driver power conversion applications such as power supplies, renewables, electric vehicles, and motors. Join us in designing the industry’s best.
What’s more is that you’ll have the opportunity to be surrounded by passionate mentors, collaborate with top-tier peers, and have access to big-time resources all within the environment of a start-up. Join us in designing the industry’s best.
About the job
The High Power Drivers product line within the High Voltage Power business is looking for an energetic, results-minded leader to become part of our team as a Test Engineer. In this role you will be a part of the planning, development, and implementation of procedures for the testing and evaluation of devices.This is a unique opportunity to work with a team that drives testing of power drivers with significant business growth opportunities. The ideal candidate would have a background that includes probe and final test development preferably in power devices and proficient on the ETS platform.
- Define strategy for testing high voltage isolation and low voltage drivers in the automation and industrial markets.
- Work with design team to understand design specifications and DFT concepts
- Partner with ATD, TTG, and SCP teams for innovative isolation testing solutions to reduce cost and support emerging markets
- Optimize production test programs, including test time reduction activities and yield improvement.
- Partner with leaders including design, PE, functional safety, QRE, and validation to develop and drive TI technology
- Accelerate High Power Driver's growth in the industrial and automotive markets through translating defect driven test suites to production test solutions that also validate spec performance
- Implement Safe Launch before RTM to reduce hot/cold insertions in production.
- Accelerate High Power Driver's capacity expansion into 300mm factories and roadmap assembly and test factories
- Generate test plans, create test and char program, design ATE hardware interface boards and probe cards
- Debug and characterizing silicon on ATE, correlate results with bench data
- Analyze silicon results, supporting failure analysis tasks, and drive data reviews
- Perform statistical analysis of yield fallout, debug and fix yield issues; optimize test time
- Work with production team to release products to volume production
- Test strategy definition and generate solutions for new test needs.
- Comprehensive device debugging, design validation and failure analysis
- Drive for robust and cost effective test solutions while being accountable for product quality
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field of study
5+ years of relevant experience
ATE experience on Teradyne Eagle or equivalent analog ATE (iFlex, LTX, VLCT, 93K), although Eagle experience is preferred and is a differentiator
Characterization test program and hardware development experience, Production test program and hardware development experience
Strong technical knowledge of electronic devices and circuits, and Analog test techniques
Familiar with Cadence
Strong Data analysis skills
Experienced with various lab equipment to support correlation and debugging
Strong understanding of the IC product development process, from concept to volume production
Mixed signal test techniques and experience with developing mixed-signal tests on TI roadmap testers(ETS364/88/800)
Knowledge of high voltage and high power test considerations.
Experienced with test program and hardware offload to TI offshore manufacturing sites
Proficiency in programming/scripting in C++, C#
Revision control tools experience :
Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions and locations
Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
High voltage and isolation test experience
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.