Darn Tough Vermont® is an American manufacturer of premium, all weather outdoor and lifestyle socks, all of which carry the industry’s only unconditional lifetime guarantee. Our product is distinguished from industry competitors by 100 percent USA manufacturing, exceptional comfort, durability and fit. Located in Northfield, Vermont, our mission is to be the leader in the branded, premium performance sock market. Our strong family-orientation coupled with our core values of being tough, independent and respectful, while being authentic make us a great place to work. We promote openness, honesty, and respect through teamwork and effective leadership. We provide all of the necessary training, tools, and support to ensure we embody a proud, productive workforce committed to continuous improvement. We have yet to produce our best sock!
We are looking for a hands-on manager of Data Architecture and Analytics that can lead a small team for our fast-growing company. They will need to work closely with our business and IT teams to recommend and build solutions, databases, structures, and reports, based on the data storage and retrieval needs within each department. This role will drive Data Analytics & Architecture needs throughout the company from our Manufacturing analytics and B2b solutions, through our e-commerce reporting needs. The successful candidate will help build and support a multi-year data roadmap for Darn Tough Vermont. Candidates should have both data architecture and reporting design skills.
Experience with the snowflake is not required but considered a plus!
- Analyze database designs and implementations to make sure they are in line with company policies and any external regulations that may apply. This includes GDPR and PCI.
- Build and manage Darn Toughs Data warehouse and Reporting solutions
- Build reports using PowerBI
- Design and Build KPI’s to help the business track success
- Support analysts throughout the company
- Build data models to support analysts reporting needs throughout the company
- Analyze database implementation methods to make sure they are in line with company policies and any external regulations that may apply
- Create data monitoring models for each product and work with our marketing team to create models ahead of new releases
- Lead the implementations of data modeling solutions.
- Data science/applied statistical techniques like anomaly detection, machine learning, expert systems and/or experimentation Help maintain the integrity and security of the company database
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish data requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Coordinate with third-party IT vendors
- Provide reports or data that end users may require
- Define requirements and develop "productized" data sets: Transform, mine, clean and combine large and/or complex data to build simplified datasets that are accessible, understandable and usable
- Bachelor's of Science(BS) Degree required. Data Engineering, Computer Science or related field required (Master's degree preferred)
- 8+ years' experience in a data science
- 3- 5 years experience leading/managing a team
- Knowledge of SQL and nice to have Python, Snowflake, DBT or similar tools sets
- ML solutions
- AWS background a plus but must have Azure, AWS or Google platform experience
- Experience in ML, statistics
- Demonstrated data-driven problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated a bias for quality and test coverage
- Must be able to develop creative solutions to problems
- Experience in a user support role within a manufacturing setting a plus
- This is a hands-on role, from helping to design DT’s analytics platforms to creating reports.
- Background with Modeling solutions like Simio a plus. While this is not technically part of the role, there could be a lot of cross over between the teams.
- Manufacturing background a plus
- Manufacturing environment – exposure to machinery, noise and other adverse conditions for limited periods of time depending on the role
- Flexible nature to manage competing and changing priorities
- Travel locally to all of the organization’s sites and locations
- Occasional travel on as needed basis
At Darn Tough Vermont we have a list of shared company values – one of them is We Value Differences. Where you come from, how you identify, your age, and other descriptions are something that makes you, you, and we respect that. We’re an honest group of people and work hard.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Health & safety of our employees is a priority. We take temperatures of all employees, consultants, & visitors. Masks are optional. Increased sanitation & cleaning throughout the day is done. Desk are 6 feet or more apart. And more.
- Do you require work sponsorship now or in the future?
- How did you hear about this opportunity? If you were you referred by a Darn Tough employee, please list their name here.
- Data modeling: 3 years (Preferred)
- Data Engineer: 3 years (Preferred)
- Power BI or similar: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location