Position Summary: Applications Engineers work with the sales department to identify customer needs and find solutions to their unique application requirements. They work to become subject matter experts on all product offerings and provide resources and training both internally and externally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Development of product solutions, both standard and custom.
- Model and drawing creation for use by customers and vendors for quoting and control purposes.
- Pursue quotes for product from varied suppliers and provide information to sales to quote.
- Create and maintain internal databases of reference information from vendor base.
- Collect application information for new products to ensure robust product design with the vendor base.
- Maintain database of internally created and externally provided drawings for use internally.
- Work with vendors to ensure product and documentation compliance.
- Work with internal contacts to facilitate timely processing of RFQ requests.
- Provide technical support to staff and customers, including the creation and presentation of formal training events.
- Make customer and vendor visits as needed to support the company. Can require overnight or multiple night trips.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Technical Qualifications – Able to read, interpret, and create prints, using appropriate tolerances, and verify the company has sufficient ability to validate the product upon receipt. Knowledge of geometric dimensions and tolerancing required.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of sealing products and rubber/plastic molding helpful, but not required.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and email, knowledge of 3-D CAD systems (Pro-Engineer CREO).
Founded in 1990, R. E. Purvis & Associates, Inc. has grown to become the Upper Midwest's premier seal and related components distributor. With on-hand inventory and product expertise, we're ready to support your company's needs with a variety of options. We bring innovative sealing solutions and industrial component parts to the customers who need them.
Our focus is always customer facing. Years of technical experience support even the most stringent applications. We, along with our vendor partners, manage supply of product throughout the life cycle of the application. Our quick prototype turnaround, testing support, FEA, logistical planning in accordance with supply chain needs, and warranty monitoring for quality and reliability ensures ultimate customer satisfaction.
ISO9001:2015 certification means we have the business practices in place to be an extension of your operations. We work hard to meet or exceed our customers' expectations through our knowledgeable, well-trained employees and our efforts to continuously improve our systems and processes.
R. E. Purvis & Associates, Inc. is a WBENC-certified, Women-Owned Business.
This position will be open for applications until a qualified candidate has been selected.'
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $61,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Flexible remote work may be allowed following completion of training. All training that can be done virtually may be done so.
Work Location: One location