Advantage Sintered Metals, Inc.
ADVANTAGE SINTERED METALS produces metal components using the powder metal process and provides assemblies and secondary parts machining to a wide variety of customers.
The person in this position must have the responsibility, duties and development of all parts and processes that are required for each part.
The person in this position must be a well-organized individual who understands the vital need for development of product and processes. Responsible for coordinating initial samples and first product run for all new jobs and revisions to existing jobs.
- Develop a means of checking specifications of each process.
- Development to ensure that requirements are met with histograms for each process and all product instructions.
- Ensure that each work instruction consists of all pertinent information needed and that it is kept current. As well as maintain control document list.
- Ability to trouble shoot any problem parts and areas for corrective action and improvement.
- Must have the ability to process the sequence for coordinating initial samples and first product run:
a) Receive released customer print from the Engineering Manager along with latest cost estimates and process feasibility.
b) Verification that print revisions and customer order agree.
c) Prepare and approve complete process book with the support of Quality Engineer.
d) Select the primary press and prepare stack up layout and component details for perishable tools and adaptation.
e) Approve items from "D" and place order for same; follow up to ensure tools are available to meet promised sample date.
f) Inspect all tool items to print and lay-out / coordinate press set-up with material scheduler.
g) Prepare tooling package for each job to include screws, springs, etc.
h) Coordinate preparation and finalize set-up instructions.
i) Coordinate with quality control the characteristics to be inspected and the methods to be used; order the complement of special gauges.
j) Coordinate with quality control the process of parts through outside vendors to include gauging methods.
k) Coordinate with material control powder availability.
Must establish and maintain a tool control procedure.
a) Identify each perishable tool and adapters with etch marking.
b) Establish a tool numbering system.
c) Establish an up-to-date file on all tool lay-outs and prints for all perishable tools and adapters, along with log of engineering and customer changes.
d) Determine the specific characteristics that should be inspected prior to press set-up for each job.
e) Determine the screws, springs, etc., which are required for each job and package for job.
f) Select the primary and back-up press for each job.
g) Establish last piece inspection procedure to determine tool maintenance required prior to next run.
- Develop a cause and effect trouble shooting guide for each part and / or family of parts.
- Suggests / proposes process improvements to lower cost, improve quality, and increase performance (including morale) on a regular basis. Understands the importance of safety and works within safety guidelines.
- Assist, advise and otherwise expedite manufacturing and related problems by utilizing the appropriate company personnel to resolve and implement corrective action.
- To perform any other duties assigned by the Engineering Manager and to assume other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically inherent to the function of the Process / Product Engineer and / or defined in other documents or procedures.
- Engineering degree or related field
- 3-5 yrs Engineering Related experience
- Strong Organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work effectively with associates and management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Strong MS Office Skills
- Able to support team in a manufacturing environment
· Health, Dental, Life Ins Benefits
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Holidays
· 401k Retirement Savings Plan
· Battle Creek, MI location
· Full-time position
· Salary range: 40k-55k based on qualifications
· Able to lift up to 15 lbs
· FLSA Classification: Exempt
· ASM is an equal opportunity employer, EOE.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift