100% remote while COVID-19 travel/social distancing restrictions are in place.
Once those restrictions are lifted, onsite Regina requirements will be reassessed at that time.
1 year + extension
- Utilize your software development skills within an analytics product to deliver transformational and supported information solutions.
- Mentor and provide knowledge of best practices to developers and analysts on software development.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional, agile team.
- Facilitate collaboration with other developers, product owners, product teams and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems through delivery of various analytics solutions.
- Leverage and share your experience to inform decisions on tools and development practices, and champion their adoption
- A degree in computer science or software engineering and at least eight years of technical experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience); a financial background is an asset
- A passion for delivering transformational, production-grade analytics products.
- Expertise in Python and SQL.
- Experience with technologies and platforms such as Git, Jenkins, Docker/Kubernetes, Angular, AWS.
- Ability to clearly communicate advanced technical topics with non-technical audiences and to work effectively with support teams, user communities and application development groups.
- Familiarity with agile software development practices, preferably in a financial institution context.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and respect for security, privacy, ethics and need to know principles