MicroPilot (www.micropilot.com) is a growing Manitoba company and is the world leading producer of autopilots for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs or drones). MicroPilot autopilots fly a wide range of drones from micro air vehicles to high-speed turbine-powered targets. MicroPilot autopilots are used worldwide by academic, military, and private research institutions as well as by OEM UAV manufacturers.
MicroPilot is accepting resumes for the position of Electronics hardware and FPGA designer - UAV drone autopilots. The Hardware Developer works in the hardware development team to create next generation circuit boards that fly on and are in control of unmanned aircraft. As a Hardware Developer, you will work on designs with a high attention to detail from concept to finished product.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- CPLD and FPGA design and programming.
- Design of schematics and new products in conjunction with other hardware team members.
- Layout and routing of analog and digital circuits boards based on schematics and established design rules.
- Creating component footprints, packages, and pinouts and storing them in a version control system.
- Reviewing layouts and schematics made by other designers.
- Prototype PCB validation according to written requirements.
- Design for reliability, while at the same time employing design for manufacturability and test constraints.
- Work closely with mechanical team to create 3D models of products, and ensure compatibility across product lines.
- Troubleshooting of prototype circuit boards.
- Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Electrical Engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of relevant design experience.
- Practice with multilayer mixed signal circuit board design and layout.
The following additional skills are desirable:
- Familiarity with Altium Designer (Altium Nexus) and Altium Vault.
- Knowledge of IPC standards and DO-160 standards.
- Experience with Microsemi Libero SoC
- Experience with TI Code Composer Studio.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. MicroPilot is located in Stony Mountain, MB, approximately 20 minutes north of Winnipeg, so all candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and a vehicle as public transportation is not available.
If you wish to apply for this exciting opportunity, forward your cover letter and resume. For more information about MicroPilot, please see this http://mbaerospace.ca/aerospace-in-manitoba/where-vision-takes-flight/ provided by Manitoba Aerospace.
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- relevant design: 3 years (Preferred)