Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder's Ontario office seeks experienced Construction Materials Testing Technicians to join our team. Kleinfelder offers:
- Competitive Wages;
- Benefits, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance; HSA & FSA; 401K; paid holidays; and paid time off (PTO);
- Certification training and professional development (ICC, ACI, AWS, CalTrans, etc.);
- Employee referral bonuses;
- Career advancement opportunities with one of the largest and most respected firms in the industry.
We're looking for individuals with strong initiative, who will perform construction observation and materials testing on various projects to verify conformance to construction plans and specifications.
Specific responsibilities include:
- following proper procedures,
- completing work in a timely manner,
- prepare daily field observation reports and materials testing data sheets;
- performing accurate computations, and
- maintaining cordial relationships with coworkers, clients, contractors, etc.
This position may require travel from time to time.
Consideration for this position requires that following certifications or experience:
- 2 years minimum of construction materials testing or inspection experience.
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician - Grade 1
- Radiation Safety training for the operation of a nuclear density gauge.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Able to use a company provided laptop or tablet computer and a working knowledge of MS Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- A good work ethic and high level of personal integrity.
- Authorization to work in the United States
In addition to the above required certification, hiring preference will be given to those with any of the following desired certifications:
- ICC Soils Special Inspector;
- CalTrans Testing Certifications
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.