We're looking for 2 Manufacturing Project engineers, one will be more focused on Electrical/Automation side and the other in the mechanical side. Knowledge and experience in both is a big plus.
- Bachelor’s in Electromechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical experience
- Experienced with electrical design standards and able to complete controls systems designs using standard CAD design tools. Specific experience with SEE Electrical
- Experienced with PLC programming standards & programming software, including GRAFCET, Ladder Logic, and Structured Text. Specific experience with Rockwell (ControlLogix, PLC5, and SLC processors – safety programs GuardLogix) required.
- Experienced with Variable Frequency drives and Motion Control technologies. Specific experience with Rockwell (Power-flex / Kinetix) required.
- Experienced with HMI configuration, programming, and communication. Specific experience with Rockwell required (FactoryTalk View ME and FactoryTalk View SE).
- Experienced with controls systems network interfaces and various protocols for communications between devices including computer system databases.
- Robotic experience, configuration or knowledge is preferred, but not required. Specific experience with Fanuc is a plus.
- Experienced with mechanical design standards and able to complete mechanical systems designs using standard 3D-CAD design tools, SolidWorks preferred, DraftSite is also a plus.
- Experience with Dossier document management systems required, TeamCenter is preferred.
Some duties are as below:
- Completing the automation programing and electrical design portion of heavy equipment projects.
- Responsible to purchase electrical equipment, supervise electrical installers, test and debug the machines.
- Able to cover some of the mechanical portion of a project: design of mechanical assembly (such as end effector), perform mechanical adjustment
- Provide Automation/Electrical Engineering design for assigned projects.
- Provide Machine Automation Design and adaptation engineering for assigned projects while applying Michelin design standards.
- Design control system architecture layout, including main control elements, peripheral elements, and communications networks
- Design control panel layouts, I/O assignments, and bill of materials (Select, design, and document hardware solutions including control processors, I/O, HMI’s, instrumentation, drives, and actuators)
- Develop PLC, HMI and drive software to meet the functional specification
- Provide panel inspection and audit on equipment that comes into the plant
- Create project documentation: schematics, technical offer, maintenance & operator training documents and user manuals.
- Interface with Plant production & maintenance customers, other engineers, and suppliers.
- Managing and executing project automation design (including specification of system components), implementation, start-up, commissioning, and support tasks on an as needed basis
- Provide troubleshooting and equipment breakdown assistance as required.
- Provide Mechanical Engineering design for assigned projects including: assembly drawing, detail drawing, 2D (Draftsite) or 3D (Solidworks) and bill of material
- Research and propose commercial component when needed
- Manage BOM and archiving with TeamCenter
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $35.00 - $55.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Anderson, SC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location