Novonix Battery Testing Services Inc., located in Bedford, NS, is a world leader in development and sales of high precision battery charger systems, provides high precision battery testing services for the lithium-ion battery industry, conducts lithium-ion battery research and provides battery making and consulting services for lithium-ion battery businesses. Serving many of the world's largest automobile and battery manufacturers, Novonix technology is used to evaluate products for EV, energy storage and consumer applications. Our battery research business is growing rapidly, so we are scaling up to meet our customer’s needs.
We are seeking a talented individual to join our battery research group in the position of Battery Research Scientist. The activities involved in this position are wide ranging, from hands on research cell making to project leadership with customer facing responsibility.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Modification of product designs and research cell making processes to adapt to meet customer needs.
- Building battery cells of various designs and configurations for experimental evaluation of improved materials
- Making electrodes
- Winding cell cores
- Mechanical assembly of cells
- Working closely with researchers regarding novel cell designs and design of experiments for evaluation of new materials.
- Documentation of cell making and testing procedures
- Documentation of product designs
- Documentation of test results
- Attending customer meetings and writing reports for customers.
- Coordination with outside resources as required.
- Selecting new equipment as required.
- Improvement of processes including equipment design changes, DOE, etc.,
- Other duties as assigned
- MSc or PhD in chemistry or physics, or professional chemical or mechanical engineer.
- 2 – 5 years work experience in battery cell research and / or manufacturing.
- Strong attention to detail
- Very hands on with good mechanical aptitude
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Self-starter who works well individually and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills.
This is a full time position with a 3 month probation period.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent