Plans and coordinates the design, modification and installation of electrical equipment and systems in the operational areas of the facility. Works in coordination with various departments and engineering specialties to achieve goals on-time and within budget for large and small capital projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following, other related duties may be assigned:
· Responsible for developing technical specifications, performing calculations and develop of system drawings such as one-lines, block diagrams, layout drawings, etc. for controls and power distribution systems
· Researches, plans, and prepares proposals for approval relative to procurement of capital equipment, expansion, construction, major maintenance projects, service contracts, and other related matters.
· Provides assistance to the Operations Manager on major projects such as expansion of facilities, acquisition and installation of capital equipment, major repairs and overhauls, plant layout changes, and other related matters to ensure cost effectiveness and cause the least disruption to the production schedule.
· Resolves problems that develop during operations, makes recommendations, and renders technical engineering assistance on defects and deviations from standard.
· Analyzes engineering designs as to dimensions, material specifications, mechanics, and other engineering factors to modify or standardize equipment design where feasible in accordance with model, application, capacity, and dimension, to achieve design simplification, and reduce manufacturing costs.
· Plans and implements effective procedures and policies for the maintenance department to ensure that all equipment is in an acceptable state of repair.
· Coordinates with vendors, suppliers, and contractors the procurement of parts, supplies, and installation/repair of all existing or new equipment and equipment processes.
· Establishes priorities of electrical maintenance activities and repairs.
· Generates requisitions relating to new and replacement parts, supplies, machinery and equipment for the maintenance department.
· Provides technical knowledge and expertise to solve problems of an electrical or electronic nature.
· Works closely with Operations Manager in forecasting, and administering electrical maintenance budget, including researching and justification of proposed capital expenditures.
· Performs any and all other necessary duties to ensure the timely repair and preventive maintenance of equipment, provide accurate and cost-effective justification of projects, and ensure the production of a quality product made within department budget and with minimum machine downtime.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
· 5-10 years of work related experience.
· Develop system drawings such as one-lines, block diagrams, layout drawings, etc. for electrical systems
· Professional Engineering (PE) designation
· Extensive knowledge with drafting schematics, CAD tools, and AutoCAD
· Knowledge in PLC and HMI systems, such as Allen Bradley, Siemens, GE, etc
· Experience developing technical specifications and performing electrical calculations
- Knowledge with motor-drives systems such as Allen Bradley, Siemens, GE, etc
Basic experience with SAP, Business Management Software
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Power Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- PE designation (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place