Matalco, Inc., along with her sister company, Triple M Metals, are privately held companies that have built a reputation as North America’s leading producers of high-quality 6000 series aluminum billets. Our mission is to utilize our empowered and innovative team to produce and supply the highest quality aluminum products and services using sustainable recycling solutions. With 4 state-of-the-art re-melt and casting facilities, our firm is in a stage of rapid growth and seeking an experienced Controls Engineer to lead operations in our new facility currently being constructed in Wisconsin.
If you are the Controls Engineer we’re looking for, you will primarily be responsible for all aspects of electrical engineering at both Matalco (US) facilities, including managing the day-to-day activities of the Controls Technicians.
- provide input into the development of necessary procedures, systems and controls to satisfy internal and external stakeholders
- program plant electrical equipment; PLC, VFD, HMI, SCADA
- interface with contractors and vendors
- lead, coach and develop employees
- implement departmental policies and procedures to increase performance and efficiency
- supervise and manage the maintenance team members, including scheduling work assignments and distributing preventative maintenance (PM) for completion
- achieve a perfect safety record – ensure 100% compliance
- provide 24/7 on call maintenance support services to the plant to ensure 100% availability of equipment capable of producing prime quality product
- manage various process improvement projects as required to meet performance targets
The ideal candidate will meet these primary requirements:
- exhibit Matalco’s Core Values
- ability to demonstrate leadership skills, mentoring and developing employees
- work safely and within all OSHA guidelines
- electrical troubleshooting and programming experience
- computer skills (Microsoft suite)
- 10+ years of experience in electrical engineering in an industrial environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or equivalent experience
- set up and maintain industrial networks
- willing to travel to other facilities for training
- ability to relocate for future promotional opportunities would be a plus
Our Vision: “The core strengths of Matalco Inc. are its outstanding people and visionary management philosophy in a free-thinking environment.”
- Respect- We treat others with the same respect that we expect in return
- Ethical-Honesty, integrity, and fairness in everything we do
- Service-Exceeding expectations with everyone we deal with
- Team-Working together is doing it better
- Pride-We are proud of what we do and how we do it
Matalco is an EEO. Matalco is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon – job related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Why should you apply? We offer an unlimited opportunity to develop your skills in a broad range of areas. We offer competitive compensation geared toward your individual performance. Join the team that is North America’s largest independent aluminum billet producer and enjoy unbeatable growth potential!
Job Type: Full-time