Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing! We are adding people to our team every day — people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers.
Get a jump start on your career at Knife River! We are currently looking for dedicated Groundsperson/Equipment Operators to join our skilled team at one of our crushing operations/quarries in Portland, Oregon (Columbia County). Come join our Aggregate department today!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Efficiently operate and maintain various types of mining equipment, such as a dozer, high wall excavator, skid steer, front end loader and haul truck.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as lubricating, oiling and cleaning around the crusher plant.
- Assist crusher plant operator in the operation of the plant.
- Assure all safety policies and procedures are followed to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes and behaviors observed.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- Basic knowledge of crusher operation, conveyor systems and maintenance.
- Mechanical, troubleshooting and welding/fabrication skills preferred.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, physical/functional exam and drug screen.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including weekends, night shifts, and overtime.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude towards all team members.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at jobs.mdu.com by the posting deadline noted above. If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to any Knife River NW address or stop in one of our locations to complete an application. Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Put Your Skills to Work with Us!
At Knife River, we are committed to helping our military transition to civilian life. We are constantly looking to add veterans to our workforce and want to make the transition as smooth as possible. There are many jobs within the military that are transferable to our Groundsperson/Equipment Operator position:
Pavement and Construction Equipment Journeyman
Pavement and Construction Equipment Apprentice
Pavement and Construction Equipment Helper
Construction Equipment Supervisor
Motor Transport Operator
General Construction Equipment Operator
Rough Terrain Forklift & Loader Operator
Heavy Construction Equipment Operator
Horizontal Construction Engineer
Equipment Operator Basic
Advanced Equipment Operator
Basic Engineer, Construction and Equipment Marine
Motor Vehicle Operator