This executive Chief Engineer (CE) role will lead the technical execution on all phases (development, production & sustainment) of a mature missile defense program from either our Sunnyvale, California or Huntsville, Alabama facility. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as the technical conscience of the program.
- Ensure that the product integrity is maintained and technical standards and requirements are met through development, production, deployment, and maintenance activities.
- Engage in architecture definition, technology development and insertion, and technical trades, with emphasis on commonality, best practices, and value.
- Lead the coordination of overall architecture and system performance including all technical performance measurements and risk assessments from requirements through development, manufacture, deployment, and maintenance.
- Support programmatic execution including schedule and cost for production, post production, development and international commitments.
- Focus daily on operational excellence, maintaining disciplined engineering practices in a dynamic program environment, technical integration across internal and external stakeholders, and delivering best-value results to the customer while continuously improving technical processes and program technical team performance.
- Support ongoing proposal efforts, through development and review of the technical baseline, identification and assignment of SMEs, and participation on Proposal Teams to ensure technical feasibility and viability.
- Conduct key program and technical product reviews, including Independent Technical Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews, and Failure Review Boards, and ensure system technical reviews are conducted with appropriate, knowledgeable support.
- Champion Mission Success and balance program cost, schedule and risk as part directing technical efforts and solutions.
- Lead the integration and coordination of LM Space Engineering and Technology resources and initiatives across a geographically-dispersed organization of over 500 Engineering &Technology employees and together with other Chief Engineers coordinate technical efforts across LM Space and LM Missiles and Fire Control Business Areas.
- Interface with internal and external customers, suppliers, and leadership to staff activities, build effective teams, and sustain customer relationships.
- Live the culture of ethics, diversity, and inclusion to create an inspiring organization and invest in employee engagement, enrichment, and mentoring.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science field with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
- 15+ years of technical experience with demonstrated expertise in large scale aerospace/defense systems – including proposal, design, development, testing, production and support to an operationally deployed system.
- 7 years of technical leadership with direct experience in managing personnel, including leaders.
- 5 years of systems engineering experience.
- Proven experience with direct and collaborative interaction with U.S. DoD customers, including knowledge and experience with customer technical processes, business practices, operational processes and organizations.
- Experience leading a large team at multiple locations
- Demonstrated ability to build, maintain, and coach a team, which includes establishing and executing a business rhythm that effectively communicates and achieves program objectives and priorities.
- Must have proven Full Spectrum Leadership skills and experience leading employees to perform productively and foster relationships in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written with the proven ability to communicate to all levels internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to drive closure and resolve technical issues/challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to develop technical talent and to build technical pipelines to sustain technical expertise within the organization.
- Selected candidate will be subject to certain citizenship requirements.
- Must have active Secret DoD clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret DoD clearance.
- Masters Degree in Engineering or Science
- Successful Mission Success record for major events
- Experience in a position responsible for making high stakes decisions
- Experience leading major program technical reviews and key boards (e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, FRB)
- Experience in large scale, high rate production missile programs
- Demonstrated business acumen
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.