The Quality Control Engineer will be the technical liaison between Erae’s quality control system, product engineering, manufacturing, and our customers. In this role, the Quality Control Engineer will work with the teams to prevent and resolve quality issues, perform advanced quality planning activities, provide technical support, and promote IATF/ISO compliance throughout the plant.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Carry out quality assessments of products.
- Manage sort, certify, and containment activity in the event of non-conforming material issues.
- Key team member in customer APQP process and product PPAP submission and approval including PDR, control plans and PFMEA.
- Prepare and maintain quality control instruction and quality alerts.
- Support other teams such as engineering and production in relation to quality procedures and corrective actions.
- Support internal and external audits and customers.
- Conduct process / product audits.
- Conduct laboratory measurements and testing.
- Track and manage customer warranty and non-conformance issue root cause and corrective actions.
- Run reports on Quality performance, such as First time through quality (FTTQ), Parts per million (PPM), Quality Metrics, etc.
- Update indicators of internal and external quality performance on a regular basis.
- Manage plant floor quality inspection/audit program including supervision of inspectors.
Education, and skill requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Manufacturing, or Materials preferred).
- Technical and Quality Certifications are a plus
- Minimum five years of experience in quality, engineering and/or manufacturing.
- Quality Systems Planning (APQP), including PPAP.
- FMEA - Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Statistical Problem Solving (Red X, DFSS, DMAIC)
- ISO / IATF 16949
- Proficient in print reading and interpretation, part measurement, gage design and function.
- Knowledge of geometric design and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly plant processes, procedures, tooling, equipment, and facilities.
- Knowledge of Quality & statistical tools, Minitab, statistical quality control/SPC and design of experiments.
- Ability to investigate quality problems and to apply sound technical judgment to develop potential solutions.
- Good understanding on SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF GENERAL MOTORS, FCA, VW
- OEM or Tier 1 experience in automotive
- Lean Manufacturing and or Manufacturing Quality
- Manufacturing, Process and or Tool Engineering
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $91,586.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pontiac, MI 48341: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- ISO/IATF 6949: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: One location