Dometic - Vancouver
Reports to: Direct reports:
Manufacturing Manager, Assembly none
Working as part of a production team, directly with production workers/operators, Leaders and Supervisors, be the technical resource for resolving production issues causing production cells/lines to stop, slow down or not achieve their targets. Assist the production team with achieving Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost goals, objectives and targets.
Qualifications and Experience
We believe that the ideal candidate has the following qualifications and experiences:
- Minimum technical diploma, engineering degree preferred, in an applicable engineering technology field, e.g., Mechanical, Production, Manufacturing or
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Lean/Continuous Improvement/Operational Excellence.
- Excellent understanding and demonstrated application of formal problem solving
(e.g. 8D) including Root Cause Analysis
- Working as part of a production team, directly with production workers/operators,
Leaders and Supervisors, be the technical resource for production issues causing production cells/lines to stop or slow down or not achieve their targets.
- Issues could be caused by parts not working properly, not fitting together, increase in failures during production testing.
- Do root cause analysis to determine if problem relates to purchased part or internal machined part quality, assembly process or equipment, or part/product design.
- Work with responsible group to resolve the problem, e.g., Supplier Quality
Engineering, Machining Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Design Engineering,
- Where appropriate and within the authority of the production engineer, resolve the problem themselves.
- Review daily performance data such as scrap and first pass yield to identify improvement areas, do analysis, create and implement solutions to improve.
- Review process and equipment effectiveness, determine ways to eliminate labour, research, recommend and implement changes.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering and Automation Engineering on ways to automate and eliminate labour.
- Support Standardized Work, 5S and Preventative Maintenance.
To be successful in this role, we believe that you possess the following skills, competencies & characteristics:
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work respectfully and effectively with a wide range of people from different cultures and educational backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage a variety of tasks.
- Able to drive change while maintaining good working relationships.
- Leading and managing change; inspire, engage and promoter of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Able to teach, guide, coach and mentor.
- Experience with Lean philosophy, methods, systems and tools, and implementation.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Consistent sense of urgency.
- Not happy with the status quo, constantly sees opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Quick learner, flexible, and able to think quickly and outside the box when needed.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office programs including: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint; and, the ability to learn other applications quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19