This position is for a Platform Engineer within the Aeronautics Cyber Security Engineering directorate. Applicant will perform base media architect activities in support of an ADP (Advanced Development Program) classified program.
Applicant will install, configure, integrate, manage, and maintain workstation and server software and hardware environments to include network infrastructure; coordinate with other program groups in the development and maintenance of ground station systems; and will be responsible for developing documentation for specific installations and configurations necessary to support operations and ongoing support activities. Successful candidate will install and test COTS applications on system hardware as required by system design specifications.
The ideal candidate will be able to solve problems independently and will have excellent communication skills. Perform duties as assigned. Be a self-starter willing to work flexible hours and on-site support.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be expected to update or create standard operating procedures to share knowledge with the larger team. Understanding of a broad spectrum of information technologies related to workstations, servers and networks is needed. Some travel is required.
Must be a US citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Secret clearance updated within the last 6 years to be considered.
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Security, or Information Technology – or equivalent applied experience.
- DoD Directive 8570.1 IAM Level I or higher certification (Security + certification or higher)
Must demonstrate some, if not all, of the following abilities:
- At least 2 of the following product certifications: Cisco – CCNA Security, Windows – MCSA, RHEL – RHCSA/Linux+, Junos – IJOS, VMWare-VCA, Splunk Power User.
- Experience supporting LAN/WAN infrastructures
- Experience with TCP/IP, IP configuration, peer-to-peer networking, IP addressing & subnets
- Experience administering the system functions including security policies and account management of Microsoft Windows and Server as well as Linux/Unix- based systems.
- Experience with Windows Server and Active Directory Server Administration
- Experience with documentation and technical writing to maintain system(s) configurations and network diagrams
- Familiar Virtual network switching and routing
- Familiar Cisco Routing and Switching
- Familiar with Linux / Unix scripting
- Familiar with information security infrastructure, and JSIG implementations
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills illustrated through related work experience
- Demonstrated self-starter willing to work flexible hours and on-site support
- Ability to travel as required
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.