Looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer / Machine Designer to fill a direct hire position in the Holland, MI area. The ideal candidate will have both machine design and project engineering experience, preferably with automation or process equipment.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design and create special machines utilizing engineering principles, knowledge and related mechanical design engineering experience.
- Conceptualize designs and project engineer to completion.
- Create models using Solidworks software.
- Size mechanical equipment such as pumps, gears, bearings, hydraulics, conveyors and piping.
- Review bid specifications, detailed drawings, technical manuals and bill of materials.
- Provide production and customer support.
Requirements of the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Machine design experience, preferably automation, process equipment and/or material handling.
- Solidworks software experience, but Inventor, Creo ProE, AutoCAD or any 3D software experience will be considered
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Technical ability, team oriented and attention to detail
- Must be a US Citizen or have a Green Card
The starting annual pay for this position is between $65,000 - $90,000 depending on experience level.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance. Vacation and personal time off. Holiday pay. Bonuses and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Machine Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules