1. Completions Assistant Project Engineer
2. Familiarity with commercial aircraft interior completions preferred.
3. Ability to utilize PLM software (i.e. Enovia, Smarteam, etc.) and CATIA V5 highly desired.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related curriculum or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
2. Five (5) years engineering experience.
3. One (1) year Project management experience.
4. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 years for Masters and 4 years for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Under the guidance of senior project engineering personnel, leads engineering teams in the execution of projects or segments of engineering programs. Establishes requirements, operational objectives and work plans for the successful completion of those efforts.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Responsible for planning, organizing and conducting segments of engineering projects with diversified technical requirements. 2. Defines project work scope, develops statements of work, task descriptions, product plans, budget estimates and manpower requirements. 3. Assigns tasks to functional personnel and suppliers for specific projects and provides the necessary project direction to meet schedules and fulfill requirements. 4. Provides project management between engineering sections and all related functions including program management, other departments, suppliers, consultants, and customers. 5. Anticipates problems with assigned projects (technical, budget, schedule) and recommends appropriate action to prevent their occurrence. 6. Effectively reports to management on key project accomplishments, status, issues and budget. 7. Approves project related engineering data to assure compliance with corporate policies and FAA/military requirements as required.
Additional Functions: 1. Works under direct leadership and guidance of a senior-level project engineer. 2. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements. 3. Maintains a current knowledge of technical developments. Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements: 1. The level of skills and abilities appropriate for this grade are detailed in the departments skills/knowledge matrix. 2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills, teambuilding skills, and the ability to persuade others without creating adversarial relationships. 3. Works closely with project team members to resolve problems with assigned projects (technical, budget, schedule). 4. Interacts with senior management and key officials of other organizations as required. 5. Responsible for building and leading engineering project teams.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $65.00 /hour
- Project Engineering on Interior Completions in Aircraft: 5 years (Required)
- Savannah, GA 31408 (Required)