Nikkiso Cryo, Inc., is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of submerged motor liquefied gas pumps. We offer unmatched reliability, quality and safety. As part of the Nikkiso Company global organization, our “original technologies” provide our customers with the confidence in knowing they are receiving the latest technology and the highest standards of engineering available.
We are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada and we offer a full range of submerged pumps for LNG, LPG, LEG, LN2, liquid propylene and many other liquefied gases. With design, production and test facilities in both the United States and Japan, sales offices in Las Vegas, Houston, London and Tokyo, Nikkiso Cryo offers prompt, total support for all of our customers worldwide. For more information please visit www.nikkisocryo.com
Working within the Engineering department, reporting to the Director of Engineering and working with guidance from the Design Engineering team, the Design Engineer II is responsible for implementing project design and improvement to existing products in accordance with design plans.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
- Follows direction provided by Design and Project Engineers
- Review project plans, modifies and creates 3D CAD models and drawings to meet project objectives
- Creates and modifies Bills-of-Materials in CAD and MRP/ERP systems, resolves discrepancies and compiles required changes
- Creates and modifies documentation to manufacture and assembly
- Interfaces with other departments to ensure internal and external customer requirements are met
- Maintains project integrity through compliance with industry regulations and best practices
- Travel between the NCI facility locations as required
- This list is not comprehensive and tasks not mentioned here may be required
Work Environmental and Physical Demands:
- Experience with 3D CAD software, SOLIDWORKS preferred, creates models, assemblies and drawings
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Skilled in time management, prioritizing, and managing changing priorities
- Strong grammar skills with the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Able to perform basic engineering calculations
- Able to work in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Commitment to participating in professional development and continuing education opportunities
- In order to perform the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls
- Overtime may be necessary as the workload dictates. This may include week days, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. may be required
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to a Client's office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply
- Candidates will be required to show a driving abstract with a clean driving history for travel between the NCI facility locations and client offices as required. A valid driver’s license is necessary
Environmental Safety Requirements
- New Employee Safety Training is required by all newly hired employees, including Safety Awareness
- All safety related training is provided and tracked by the Environmental Health and Safety Director
- Job specific training modules deemed necessary by employee’s Manager or Director will be required of all employees on an ongoing basis
Employees are required to wear Nikkiso provided PPE as/when needed. PPEs include, safety shoes, safety glasses, face shields, FR clothing, cryogenic gloves, cryogenic apron, cut resistant gloves, safety gloves, hearing protection, hard hats & dust masks. Failure to comply with Nikkiso Cryo safety requirements will result in disciplinary actions, up to and including termination.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to meet the work environmental and physical demands listed above.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 0-2 years’ experience in a professional design engineering role is required
- FE/EIT Preferred
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above are typically acquired through the levels of education and experience listed. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience that provides an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, may be accepted.