Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We’re currently looking for a Engraver II to join us in our Waltham, MA office.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Engraver II work includes set up, operating and making minor adjustments for various types of engraving equipment. He/ she works from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to create engraving files. The incumbent engraves manufacturing components in busy manufacturing environment. He/ she communicates directly with engineers to establish fixturing concepts and other improvements. The Engraver II checks and inspects engraved parts for accuracy and quality against specified tolerances and identify machine malfunctions.
In a typical day, you will:
- Adhere to policy and procedures to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Apply acquired job skills, company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks & adherence to production plan schedules while producing high quality products to standards.
- Follow established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
- Act as champion of company’s Lean & Continuous Improvement programs.
- Time & attendance in accordance with company policies, procedures & work area schedule.
- Complete work orders on schedule to ensure constant flow of finished product to support customer service levels.
- Advise management of adverse manufacturing and/or equipment conditions & issues affecting production and/or safety.
- Operate Laser & Rotary Engraving machinery;achieve standard times in engraving operation times.
- Identify overdue or potentially overdue work orders & alert managers.
- Adhere to established health and safety rules.
- Notify manager of all NCM (non-conforming material).Constantly review current manufacturing processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Recommend changes to eliminate waste & promote cost reductions without sacrificing quality.
- Identify & report all adverse conditions of facility to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- Minimum 1-3 years of related experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities & tasks simultaneously.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in lean manufacturing environment a plus.
- Strong computer & communication skills.
- Ability to create engraving files & run laser & rotary engravers.
- Accurate Labor Reporting critical; Level II expectations are to meet standard time associated with work order operations.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Manufacturing Direct Worker
Auto req ID
Olympus Scientific Solutions
At Olympus, we put a lot of good back into the world, and what we do really matters. We are committed to making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling every day by crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies, microscopy, industrial solutions, cameras, and audio recorders.
We view our relationship with and commitment to our employees with the same passion. Everything we do at Olympus is a reflection of our vision, and everyone here helps to make it a reality. We’re invested in our employees, great ideas, and how they impact the communities around us. We see the world through multiple lenses and come together to find the right answers; the best solutions.
TRUE TO YOU. TRUE TO SOCIETY. TRUE TO LIFE.
Olympus Scientific Solutions Americas Corp
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Engraver II | Olympus