STORM POWER COMPONENTS
POSITION TITLE: QUOTING / SALES ENGINEER
DEPARTMENT: QUOTING / COST ACCOUNTING
Establish fair pricing for all of Storms customers. Insure that all efforts are accounted for properly and documented. Costs must be complete with Storm's fee for manufacturing each part applied.
Must be honest, self-motivated, and maintain a positive attitude. Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills. Must be able to work with team members from all areas.
* Evaluate profit margin report.
* Recommend cost and quoting improvements based on low or undesired margins.
* Establish data from time studies not relying solely on scans for information
* Participate in all plant training exercises
* Maintain documentation in all assigned areas of responsibility
* Process any and all standard costing requests from quoting and sales
* Calculate savings/loss on any work order that was produced at Storm Power Components
* Work with plant management on rate/process issues in assigned areas of responsibility
* Develop accurate time study data to support quoting worksheet and module
* Must work flexible hours - supporting production departments
* Must work overtime - supporting production departments
* Assist in the justification of any capital purchase
* Assist in any plant or corporate level project assigned by manager
* Calculate potential savings on any project proposed by the C.I. group
* Participate in any physical inventory activities assigned by manager
* Assist sales and production to establish efficient order quantites for stocked parts
* Assist accounting with any costing or reporting function assigned by manager
* Change Labor Standards as dictated by Storm Management
* Bachelors degree and or 5 years experience in cost accounting or industrial engineering
* Proficient in Microsoft office, especially Excel
* Industrial Timestudy training
* Problem solving and project management
* All assigned soft skills training classes
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment at Will
Required Pre-employment drug screen
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)