Position Purpose: A Senior Process Engineer will have demonstrated work and leadership characteristics required to achieve success in a multi-faceted manufacturing environment. The position demands a mature individual capable of working on technical/operational projects that involve a broad range of equipment, materials, and procedural issues. A Senior Process Engineer will have proven talents in written/verbal communications; logical thought processes; project design and management; working effectively as a member of a team; and recognizing potential problems and providing means for avoiding the problems.
- Perform assignments under a minimum level of supervision.
- Recommend improved processes, procedures, equipment, and materials that will enhance the efficiency of manufacture and quality of IPG's products.
- Develop and conduct employee training sessions as needed for new equipment and process.
- Develops and implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Recommend equipment and processes for the manufacture of new products.
- Assist R&D in the development and scale-up of new products.
- Investigate and provide remedies for manufacturing process problems.
- As required, establish working relationships with outside personnel to meet project objectives.
- Knowledgeable of current products, processes, equipment, and procedures to apply to design and equipment analysis.
- Maintain detailed records and orderly files on all assigned projects.
- Evaluate equipment problems and design requirements of new or modified equipment.
- Evaluate environmental compliance projects as they relate to the process function.
- Issue period status reports.
- Coach operating personnel to reduce waste generation.
- Investigates and resolves work-in-process problems.
- Reviews proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing production/processing equipment.
- Related tasks as requested by supervisor
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences, plus 5 years of documented accomplishments in a manufacturing environment. Strong preference given to Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering degree.
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment. Prefer 5 years of experience related to the production of pressure sensitive tapes. Specific experience with various types of mixing and coating equipment, drying equipment, materials used in the manufacture of pressure sensitive tapes, and safety/environmental regulations pertaining to the tape industry is preferred. Supervisory experience and successful project management must be evident.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $76,000.00 - $118,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location