Relocation: Not Available
Clearance: Ability to obtain and hold a NACI
PositionSummary: This entry-level Systems Engineering positionfocuses on requirements management, technical integration, verification and validationtesting, and other systems engineering activities to ensure the NASA KennedySpace Center (KSC) Exploration Ground Systems (EGS) Ground and FlightApplications Software (GFAS) complies with all Command, Control andCommunications (C3) subsystem requirements. GFAS helps control and monitor ground support equipment (GSE),spacecraft and launch vehicles during processing, testing, checkout, countdownand launch from the firing room consoles. This software, consisting ofapplications, displays, models and the Ground Launch Sequencer (GLS), integratingthe GSE and flight vehicle measurements and commands into one or more displays. The successful candidate will be aninnovative thinker who can formulate “out-of-the-box” solutions.
Description of Duties:
- Track GFAS subsystem-levelrequirements development, integration, traceability, verification, validation,and closure. Provide GFAS developmentprogress analysis and insight to the GFAS Development Manager & DeputyManager.
- Regularly communicate SLS,Orion, EGS, and Cross-Program decisions and actions that may affect GFASdevelopment progress to the GFAS Development Manager & Deputy Manager.
- Manage GFAS verification andvalidation (V&V) test planning, integration, coordination, and any issuesacross all GFAS subsystem teams.
- Support GFAS technicalintegration with the other EGS Elements, and lead any GFAS technical issueresolution to ensure integrated solution consideration, development andimplementation.
- Integrate and coordinateimpact assessments (cost, schedule, risk, programmatic, technical) from any requirementsand/or dependency changes (e.g., fight software, non-conformances, CUI,architecture, etc.) across all GFAS subsystems, relevant stakeholders and otherinterdependencies.
- Represent GFAS at Orion,SLS, and Cross-Program technical meetings, interchanges, panels and boards(e.g., OICB, OTCB, OWG, OMRSP, LCCP).
- Monitor V&V testprocedures development to ensure compliance with GFAS subsystem DesignVerification Objectives (DVOs) and Design Validation Objectives (DVaOs)requirements.
- Support all GFAS projectactivities, such as creating technical or financial performance metrics anddeveloping GFAS-focused presentations for senior management or milestone reviews.
- Ensure Interface ControlDocument (ICD) requirements are accurately and properly allocated to theappropriate GFAS subsystem, as well as documented and linked in therequirements database.
- Support V&V StatusReviews, Design Certification Reviews, and other milestone reviews.
Education: Bachelors of Science (BS) in Science, Technology,Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or a closely-related field from an accreditedprogram required. Master ofScience degree in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, SystemsEngineering or Industrial Engineering strongly preferred.
Level of Experience: *THIS IS AN ENTRY-LEVEL POSITION.* Possess 0 – 2 years of professional experience with systems engineering,systems integration and requirements management required. Experiencein designing and/or testing aerospace or telecommunications industry-relatedsoftware solutions strongly preferred.
Required Skills andCompetencies:
- Ability to plan, execute,and maintain activities associated with ground processing, transport, andlaunch systems requirements development, tracking, and issue resolution.
- Effective listening skillswith the ability to understand transmitted messages and translate them intocost, schedule, risk, programmatic and technical impacts to the EGS & GFAS.
- Effective communicator withthe ability to present technical issues clearly and concisely to review boardsand executive leadership in a professional manner.
- Self-starter withoutstanding organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonalskills with the ability to work in a team environment co-located withcustomers, be flexible to changing work demands, multitask, operate withminimal direct supervision, and meet all customer deadlines.
- Proficiency in MicrosoftOffice Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Preferred Skills andCompetencies:
- Familiarity with the systemsengineering and software development lifecycle on a large government softwaredevelopment program, as well as using an Agile development methodology.
- Understanding of complexcomputing architectures and the derivation of program-level requirements intouse cases to support software development teams and test personnel.
- Understand the SLS, Orion& EGS processing requirements as the flight systems flow through theVertical Assembly Building (VAB), Mobile Launcher (ML) and Launch Padfacilities.
- Experience in software architecturedevelopment, systems engineering, operations concept development, andverification and validation methodologies for a command and control system.
- Working knowledge of NASAProcedural Requirements (NPR) 7120.5 NASASpace Flight Program and Project Management Handbook and NPR 7123.1 NASA Systems Engineering Processes andRequirements.
- Proficiency in Program-levelrequirements tracking and closure software applications, including Cradle,KDDMS, Maximo, Tech Doc, Microsoft (MS) SharePoint, Project, and Access.
- Experience with scriptinglanguages, development environments, debugging protocols, and version controlsoftware, including Version One, ClearQuest, AccuRev, C/C++, Linux environment,Bugzilla, and ACL.
How to Apply: Qualified applicants are requested to apply bysubmitting their résumé and cover letter through Indeed.
About Avatar Technologies: Founded in 2006, Avatar Technologies is a woman-owned aerospace engineering company that delivers high-technology andprogram management solutions to the U.S. Government and commercial sectors.Staffed with an exceptional team ofseasoned technology, engineering, and program management consultants, AvatarTechnologies offers system engineering, safety, quality, mission assurance, andsoftware development services to NASA, Department of Defense and the commercialspace industry. To learn more about us, visit www.avatar-tech.net.
Avatar Technologies is anEEO Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration foremployment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,disability, genetics, or any other non-job-related protected status. Allcandidates selected may be subject to a security background investigation, drugscreen, and must meet all eligibility requirements for access to classifiedinformation.
Job Type: Full-time
- systems engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- software design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kennedy Space Center, FL (Required)