The Research Biomed Operation Engineer will report to the CRI Research Facility and Lab Safety Manager, and will provide front line day to day operational support to the CRI and Sheikh Zayed Institute's research faculty and staff. The individual will provide customer service to 450+ personnel, support 134,000 square feet of research space and > 2000 pieces of research equipment. The position will serve as the service point of contact for CRI faculty and staff for any equipment/facility and maintenance related issues. The individual will work with the Research Center staff, CNMC facility/engineering department, EVS, the safety office, as well as outside vendors. Additional responsibilities will include the coordination of repairs and maintenance, moves and deliveries; facility inspections and user training in addition to staffing special projects as assigned. The individual will work closely with the Laboratory Safety Program staff.
Specific Requirements and Preferences
or equivalent experience (Required)
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or applicable field, degree in bioengineering preferred (Preferred)
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
1-2 years of applicable work or internship experience. A MS degree may be substituted for work experience .
Knowledge of OSHA and laboratory safety regulations; strong customer service, organizational, project management, interpersonal and
communication skills; ability to build consensus and work in a collaborative manner; efficient in MS Office and database management.
1. Work with CRI leadership to assist with assignments of offices and laboratory space.
2. Work with CNMC Facility Engineering, ,EVS, IT, Telecommunication to coordinate implementation of these assignments. Work with CNMC Facility Engineering staff to identify and resolve facility deficiencies.
3. Ensure the facility is in compliance with regulatory standards and coordinate corrective actions.
4. Follow up on the work of contractors and staff involved corrective activities
1. Follow up on moves and renovations and is the point of contact for contractors and staff
2. Manage assigned time tables
3. Oversee the installation of new equipment.
1. Coordinate annual space and equipment survey, update data bases throughout the year and prepare reports as needed. Maintain CRI freezer inventory.
2. Coordinate preventive maintenance schedule with outside vendors and CNMC facility staff.
3. Follow up as CRI liaison with environmental services and is responsible to monitor facility cleanliness and coordinate corrective action. Log all CRI Administration generated work orders and service calls and monitor on time service delivery and quality.
4. Coordinate regular scheduled building inspection with appropriate CNMC staff.
CRI Autoclave and Dark Room Facility Maintenance
1. Order supplies.
2. Train staff and ensure safe operations.
3. Ensure that equipment is operational and the facility is clean on a daily basis. Identify and coordinate resolutions of service or facility issues.
Responsible Conduct of Research
1. Consistently demonstrates adherence with the standards for the responsible conduct of research
2. Responsible for appropriate use of research funds and resources
3. Comply with all annual job-related training requirements
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Job: Non-Clinical Professional
Organization: Office Operations & Reg Affair
Regular / Temporary: R (Regular)
Position Status: FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri 8-5
Job Posting: Dec 6, 2019, 10:10:13 PM