CROW ENGINEERING, INC. is a multi-disciplined consulting engineering firm serving the mechanical, structural, and civil engineering needs of a diverse range of clients. We specifically have a rich history of serving the wood products, food processing, and cold-storage warehousing industries. Additionally, Crow Engineering has the capacity to work on all types of commercial and industrial projects. We are a team of professional mechanical, structural, and civil engineers, as well as highly-skilled designers and drafters with many years of experience. Due to our significant growth we are looking for talented detail-oriented individuals that can seamlessly integrate into our talented team.
Crow Engineering is currently looking for Civil/Structural Designer / Drafter to work in our Beaverton, OR Office.
Apply manual and computerized drafting methods with a working knowledge of the terms and procedures of the occupation to obtain the desired product. Assignments will be completed utilizing information provided by project managers, project engineers, architectural, or technical services staff under the direction of a supervisor. Ideal candidate would enjoy working in a dynamic setting with a diverse set of clientele and diverse range of assigned tasks.
· Determine the order of work and method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
· Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from civil and structural engineers to ensure that they conform to design concepts.
· Effective communication with the design team to plan, develop drawings, basic design models and resolve problems.
· May require travel to plant/job site.
· Must have a working knowledge of the Windows Operating System including email, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and computer-aided drafting applications (AutoCAD and other Autodesk Programs).
· Bachelor’s degree in drafting/design/engineering technology or equivalent 3-4 years of industry related civil and/or structural experience.
· Previous experience with site plans, grading and drainage
· Proficient in Autocad Civil 3D
· Additional Skills Required for the role include:
o Basic construction experience or knowledge
o Complex Problem Solving
o Critical Thinking
o Good Communication Skills (Active Listening, Verbal and Written)
o Judgment and Decision Making
o Attention to Detail
o Strong desire to learn and help others
· Must be well versed in the preparation of construction documents for structural and civil engineering design.
· Must be able to work in both a 2D environment as well as utilize 3D or BIM tools to create 2-D drawing products. Must be fluent in AutoCAD and familiar with REVIT.
· Must be able to accurately draw from sketches or specifications using appropriate symbology, terms, procedures and drafting standards.
· Prepare bills of material, schedules, and assist engineering personnel with formal drawing transmittals and construction issues.
· Assist project personnel to revise drawings to reflect as-built conditions.
· Draw civil plans (site plans, grading and stormwater plans, utility plans), diagrams, and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys.
· Prepare structural plans and documents for buildings and other structure types. Plans include foundations, framing, elevations, sections, etc. Draft plans and detailed drawings for structural concrete, steel structures, and installations for various construction projects working from sketches, verbal instructions or notes.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance