Position: Principal Engineer
Reporting to: Vice President Operations and/or Engineering Manager
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full-time
Language of work: English
VARD is a global designer and shipbuilder of many vessel types with shipyards and subsidiary offices located throughout the world. Within the VARD Group, Vard Electro is a leading system integrator delivering turnkey electrical systems and solutions for the global maritime industry
The shared services finance team in Canada is seeking an Accounting Analyst who has the passion for providing support to both internal and external customers. If you are looking to have an impact in our Vancouver office, have project accounting experience, willing to work for a global organization, this is for you!
If this sounds like it could be a fit, please read on…
- Manage the technical operations int the office and ensure quality and customer satisfaction
- Assist the Regional VP in coordination and allocation of resources amongst projects and non-project efforts
- Manage the work schedules of technical staff within location
- Be able to lead medium to large projects performing the role of project technical manager
- Support Project Managers in all aspects of the management of a project including, but not limited to, the following: establishing realistic working budgets, deliverable deadlines, prioritize and coordinate project schedules
- Assisting Regional Vice President and COO in locating and securing technical staff
- Assisting company Executive Management in marketing activities, both national and international
- Participate in the Management group at the company level
Technical Management and Oversight:
- Mechanical/diagrammatic drawing packages
- Propulsion driveline/shafting arrangements including relevant analysis
- HVAC calculations
- Marine Engineering and systems
- Structural calculations using empirical formulae from Classification Regulations as well as first principles
- FE analysis for hull form development
- Structural drawing packages, including standardization of detail level across multiple projects
- Vessel arrangements
- Stability, hull form development, sea keeping and power prediction calculations
- Will hold a minimum qualification of a recognized Bachelor’s degree or equivalent engineering degree in a related field.
- Will have a minimum of ten years’ post-graduation experience in the marine industry.
- Engineering management experience in a shipyard engineering office is highly preferred
- Experience in vessel repairs and dry docking
- Experience in estimating vessel repairs and conversions
- Have an advanced knowledge of marine engineering and systems
- Proficient with Classification Society Rules and Flag State Regulations.
- General understanding of other disciplines- Naval Architecture, Vessel Structures, Outfitting and Electrical is highly preferred
- Experience working on concept and class design packages
- Experience with government industry designs
- Seagoing experience on major vessels
- Proficient in AutoCad and other applicable softwares
- Advanced report writing skills.
- Proficient in English (read, write and oral)
Salary Range: $120,000 – 140,000 CAD
- Extended Health, Medical, Dental
- RRSP plan
- Bonus Profit Sharing Plan
- Relocation Benefits (as required)
If you feel this is the role for you, we would love to hear from you!
We make a point to take the time to review each resume carefully to select those that are a match with the preferred requirements for the position. If that’s you, we will contact you to set up a time to get to know each other!
Name: Hanane Bella
Phone: (604) – 216-3365
Job Type: Full-time
- Marine industry: 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)