Battery Scientist (Electrolyte or Electrodeposition)
Soelect Inc., is developing advanced solid state battery components to power the next generation of electric vehicles, power tools and mobile electronics. We are looking for a highly enthusiastic electrochemist especially having experiences included electrolyte design/formulation and/or electrodeposition for lithium-ion batteries.
Job Experience Requirements:
· Plan and execute electrolyte design/formulation/evaluation to understand best feasible electrolyte material candidates and provide technical comparisons and critical assessment of assigned cell chemistries.
· Lead or support intellectual properties or trade secret to protect the company’s technology developments and secure a competitive position
· Manage relevant joint-development program timeline to ensure program deliveries on time and under budget
· Perform other functions as required to ensure success of assigned projects and to support the R&D operation
· Having a mindset to solve technical challenges/issues with fundamental and feasible approaches
- Strong academic and industrial background in electrochemistry especially in electrolyte or electrodeposition
- Professional knowledge and understanding of electrochemical analytical techniques included LSV, CV, CA, PA, GITT, PITT, EIS, RDE and the other electrochemical tools.
- Professional skill of SEM (Scanning Electron Microscopy) and its utilization
- Deep and fundamental understanding of experimental results and problem-solving skill
- Extraordinary attention to detail and find a new idea through the experimental results
- Technical writing skill for federal or state funding (any experiences are plus)
- Experienced in start-up culture and confidence to grow together with company
- Provide project leadership to design electrolyte formulations for high energy cell chemistry over 350Wh/kg
- Maintain an understanding of the state-of-the-art electrolyte technology through all eligible studies included literature review, reports and any public information.
- PhD in relevant field with 1 or more years post-degree in federal research institution/commercial/industrial R&D.
- M.S. or B.S. with 5+ year experiences with deep and fundamental knowledge in lithium-ion chemistry and battery components, especially in liquid electrolytes with additives.
Salary range provided is negotiable and will be based on experience.
Benefit Conditions: Only full-time employees eligible
Paid Time Off
401k (100% match up to associate's 6%)
Monthly Associate events
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Company website: www.soelect.com
Recent Soelect news releases:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greensboro, NC 27410: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Do you have a strong academic and industrial background in electrochemistry, especially in electrolyte or electrodeposition?
- Battery Research: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location