Building Envelope Consultants and Scientists (BECS) is looking for Enclosure Consultants and Engineers to join our growing team. With offices in D.C., Baltimore, Northern Virginia, Pittsburgh PA, and Raleigh, we are looking for experienced Assistant Project Managers and Project Managersto join our growing team at our DC MD and VA Office.
These positions will be involved in building envelope investigations and testing, the design of building enclosure repairs, bidding support, and subsequent construction quality control observations, as well as, peer review of building envelope designs, and commissioning. We need qualified candidates that can bring strategic approaches to solving our clienteles problems.
Essential Job Functions
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years in building enclosure experience with a solid background in facades, roofing & waterproofing, fenestrations, forensic testing, and most of all, a client-centric attitude. We are looking for current ropes access certification and performance history in investigations & condition assessments, analyzing findings, and the ability to articulate conditions and resolutions to our clients. Candidate must be able to visit project sites for inspections, develop sustainable, repair details & specifications, and multitask among several projects in various stages of the construction process. This is not a desk job.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture.
- Preferred Professional Engineers and/or certification as a Registered Roof Waterproofing Consultant. Candidates pursuing professional licensing are encouraged to apply Consultant or Registered
- Confidence with heights including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and rope access. This is not a desk job.
- Strong and effective communication skills, written and verbal.
- The ideal candidate must be interested in pursuing Industrial Rope Access (IRA) training and certification.
- Desirable: Safety training, OSHA-10, Ropes, Swing Stage, ManLift User
BECS strives to deliver the best possible service to our clients and to do that, we must hire the best possible employees as they are the backbone of our company. We strongly value integrity, strong work ethic, and willingness to step outside of personal comfort to learn and grow personally and professionally. We have fun. We have work/life balance which is the reason we have a strong employee retention rate. We care.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits packages including:
- 100% Company-sponsored health, dental, and coverage
- 401(k) Retirement incentive with employer match
- Paid personal and sick leave and flexible holiday allowance. Flexibility to choose what matters to you.
- Reimbursement for mileage, mobile phone, continued education, licensure
- Quality Field Equipment and Support
- Professional Learning, Growth, and Development Plans
BECS is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
We are essential and built to transition to remote and onsite work at any time without interruption. We maintain the highest regard for our employees, clients, and our community and provide all PPE necessary.
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Engineering: 3 years (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page:
- Building Envelope Consultants and Scientists LLC
- Only full-time employees eligible