Edison Energy is the expert independent advisor for commercial, industrial, and institutional energy users, delivering comprehensive, data driven and integrated global energy solutions. We provide a full-suite of sustainability-driven & energy management solutions including specialized delivery of renewables, supply, demand, engineering, portfolio advisory and analytics services, serving market leaders facing an increasingly complex energy environment.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE:
EIX), Edison Energy combines sophisticated, cloud-based analytics and focused energy advisory services with Edison International’s scale and stability to deliver high-quality services to our clients. Our goal is to leverage our years of experience in traditional power and gas markets, renewable energy and sustainability advisory, and engineering and implementation services to design solutions that empower our clients to build economically sustainable energy portfolios.
The Renewable Energy Supply team helps corporations and institutions (C&I buyers) purchase renewable power directly from offsite and onsite projects to meet their energy and sustainability goals. We educate our clients on the available renewable procurement options that meet their needs, help them navigate and conduct due diligence on the multitude of projects and developers in the market, run advanced analytics to stress test project economics, and structure commercial agreements for project offtake primarily through corporate PPAs.
The Renewable Energy Supply team is responsible for maintaining a network of renewable energy project developers for clients’ on-site and off-site renewable energy solicitations. The team works to identify the best risk-adjusted projects and structures, running RFPs, conducting project diligence, analyzing project economics, and supporting commercial discussions.
- Support and build relationships with renewable energy originators to identify top projects and structures for meeting client objectives
- Develop client RFPs for on-site and off-site renewable energy
- Administer the Edison Energy project database, improving data quality and conducting regular cleanup of renewable energy project inventory
- Assist in analyzing portfolios of onsite solar opportunities for clients
- Perform financial modeling and due diligence of renewable energy projects
- Prepare presentations and project diligence material for the Renewable Energy Advisory team
- Conduct primary and secondary research on energy policies, power market economics, utility incentives, retail rates and C&I market opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with degree in engineering, economics, business or environmental science preferred
- 1 – 4 years of experience at a renewable energy developer with preference for solar or storage background. Other experience in consulting, advocacy, sustainability, or power sector also will be considered.
- Familiarity with wholesale and retail energy markets, renewable energy development and a demonstrated interest in growing the C&I market.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; data visualization software such as Power BI or Tableau a plus
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong communicator, both in writing and in presentation skills
- Ability to adapt and respond in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Ability to balance competing demands and priorities, while working independently and as a team
Please submit resume and cover letter.
Edison Energy is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.