Morair Medtech, LLC is a medical device company developing endoluminal treatments for lung disease. The Seattle based company’s is led by Robert Barry and Erik Henne veterans of the medical device start-up community who have 35 years of interventional pulmonology experience between them. Morair is funded by a large US based medical device company. We are recruiting to build the initial R&D team.
The position is to work as part of a small and dynamic R & D team developing energy based heated pulmonary catheters, associated assemblies, and tooling. Responsibilities include:
- Design key components and subassemblies of tools for the design assembly and testing of energy based heated catheter assemblies.
- Conduct independent technical investigations and analysis of component or processes applying a wide variety of mechanical and electrical engineering principles.
- Prepare design specifications, analyses and recommendations for presentation and team review
- Design, conduct, and report on verification and validation studies.
- Interact with suppliers to ensure procurement of components needed for your projects
- Optimize tooling for manufacturing and effectively transfer tooling and processes to manufacturing personnel
- Create and update solid models and drawings and prepare material for ECO release
- Assist with power supply development, pre-clinical, and clinical studies as appropriate
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum of a BS degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or other engineering discipline
- 3+ years experience with medical catheters or related field
- Applied knowledge of designing tools and fixtures for small components.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
- Experience in the medical device industry developing Class III Medical Devices preferred
- Exposure to a variety of manufacturing processes used in medical devices
- Experience in developing electromechanical fixtures or tools
- Solidworks or other CAD experience
- Experience writing verification plans, protocols, conducting verification testing, and compiling reports
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused