This is an Entry Level Position in our Projects Department in our Kansas City, KS office. Applicant must live in the Kansas City area.
BAADER is the global partner on food processing solutions with 100 years’ experience. We design and engineer innovative and holistic solutions that ensure intelligent, safe, efficient and sustainable food processing in all phases, from the handling of live and raw protein materials to the finished food products.
Through our data capabilities, we use data to interpret and forecast along the entire food value chain. In close collaboration and partnership with our customers and partners we are taking further major steps toward greater efficiency, traceability, transparency, profitability, and sustainability. By sharing knowledge and data, together we can succeed in optimizing the food value chain in the long term.
Primary job responsibilities willbe to provide for project engineering support for new projects relating to thefood processing facilities.
You must be a permanent US residentand be able to work in Kansas City on a daily basis.
Major Job Functions:
1. Create and maintain AutoCADlayouts.
2. Create mechanical specificationsfor machinery in project.
3. Create Quotations based on AutoCADLayouts from Baader Product Line
4. Work with Sales and Engineering toproduce realistic solutions for customers
5. Cooperate with Baader Offices inDenmark, Holland, and Germany to complete projects
6. Procure quotations from sub–contractors.
7. Travel to food processing facilitiesfor on-site project engineering support for pre-sales and post-sales.
8. Give presentation to customers on technical benefits of Baader equipment once knowledgeable.
9. Post-sales project management.
9. All other duties as may beassigned.
· Accredited bachelor’sdegree (4 year program) in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering orother Technical degree
Years of Experience:
This position requires 5 years of experience in project engineering or similar capacity. Meat, Fish, or Poultry experience preferred but not necessary.
Minimum Skills Required (language, math,reasoning):
· Proficient use of AutoCAD for 2D layouts
· Use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, andOutlook
· Read and understand equipment manuals, shopdrawings and equipment/tool operation instructions.
· Ability to discuss technical issues with coworkersand customers and impart understanding of machine requirements.
· Ability to direct work without creating conflict.
· Ability to troubleshoot and solve moderatelydifficult problems and present clear alternatives.
· Ability to create simple reports and conduct simplemath.
· Ability to travel and will notexceed 50%
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Do you live in the Kansas City Metro area?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction