Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for planning, building, maintaining and enhancing the National vCMTS QA environments to fully support DAA testing initiatives. Proactively documents all activity while working with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Proactively manage, monitor and deploy all National vCMTS QA environments using all tools and resources available.
- Diagnose complex problems and design long term fixes.
- Prepare written reports and other technical documentation necessary to communicate ideas, concepts, and details necessary to accomplish specific goals
- Contribute and lead the definition of operational and support requirements for new network related technologies and products.
- Actively work with engineering groups and teams to ensure proper understanding of all vCMTS initiatives.
- Must perform operational guidance towards other members of the vCMTS & TES teams.
- Deploy/Install software and configurations.
- Analyzes and determines integration needs.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical manuals.
- Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Edits and reviews technical requirements documentation.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience of complex large scale CMTS / RF / TCP/IP networks
- Excellent communication skills and a customer-centric attitude.
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, IP Provisioning and IP Management
- Knowledge of IPv6
- Knowledge of Junos OS
- Detailed knowledge of Unix and/or Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn software defined networks and cloud-based systems.
- Knowledge of highly complex network infrastructures and multiple products residing on them.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or bash
- Ability to troubleshoot complex network related problems escalated from other organizations within the company.
- Ability to review technical changes for accuracy and recommend changes to support operational guidelines.
- Experience in ISP/MSO environment with understanding of QAM Linear video recommended.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer