Join us! Babbitt Bearings, Inc. is searching for an experienced CNC Programmer / Manufacturing Drafter to be the next great addition to our Management Production Team.The successful candidate will collaborate with our customer service staff, machinists, and Quality Department.
- 2-3 years programming experience using CAD/CAM products to develop and edit programming for CNC Mills and Lathes.
- BricsCAD and Mastercam knowledge and experience a plus along with knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Machine shop knowledge and experience. CNC Machinist experience a plus.
- Strong understanding and ability to apply manufacturing shop math knowledge.
- Knowledge and ability to: read/interpret blueprints, operation sheets, routers, and written directions to determine tooling requirements, setup, improve machining efficiencies, and machining method.
- Ability to determine tool requirements, speeds, feeds and fixtures.
- The ability to analyze behavior of the programming code to diagnose, correct, and improve programming.
- Excellent reading, writing, verbal communication, and math skills, and must be extremely attentive to detail.
- Outstanding time management, ability to prioritize, and possess problem-solving skills. Must be self-motivated, work efficiently, and able to meet deadlines.
- Prefer educational certificate or Associate's degree in CNC programming.
This position is in a professional office environment and is largely a sitting position, may require walking, bending, stooping, crouching, pulling, lifting and other physical requirements throughout the day.
Job Type: Full-time
- Machine Shop Environment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical Drafting: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNC Programming: 3 years (Required)
- Syracuse, NY 13203 (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off