To define, plan, design and refine fixtures, data and processes necessary to facilitate and control the manufacture of products in the plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, creates, verifies and revises machine control data and documentation that direct the operation for multi-axis numerically controlled machines required to manufacture and inspect complex parts and tools.
- Provides numerical control, machining and programming technical expertise to cross-functional engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Analyzes drawings, sketches and design data to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools and machine speeds and feed rates.
- Defines and designs complex tooling and fixtures used to manufacture or inspect parts.
- Plans, guides and facilitates the development and integration of new machining techniques and manufacturing methods or inspection techniques, processes and software.
- Continuously improves the quality of manufacturing processes and supplier-provided work.
- Writes instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machines.
- Develops processes and procedures for new machines and products.
- Is able to work independently without assistance from other Programmers.
- Works with customers and engineering to resolve definition and production issues.
Associate degree in N/C Programming, Manufacturing Technology or equivalent, education and experience. BS in Manufacturing Technology or related field preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
Three to five years of N/C Programming experience using CAD/CAM systems to analyze and modify part models and produce programs. Aerospace manufacturing experience preferred. Unigraphics NX experience required; CATIA not required but helpful; CMM experience with PCDMS highly beneficial.
Normal working environment – standing, sitting, walking – typically inside a building. Minimal or no exposure to excessive noise, dirt, chemicals, extreme temperatures, or hazardous conditions. Frequent use of computers. Occasional domestic travel via commercial aircraft.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $53,736.00 - $117,675.00 per year
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- CNC Programming: 5 years (Preferred)
- CAM Programming: 5 years (Preferred)