Supports applicable market segment in handling strategic and systemic activities. Market Segments are: Commercial, Army/FVL, Air Force, Maritime and Marine Corps. Coordinates with Sourcing, Operations, Design Engineering, the Supply Base and Industry experts to facilitate the design, production, test and qualification of aerospace and defense products. Analyzes technical data, designs, preliminary specifications, manufacturing limitations, supplier facilities, and parts/equipment availability.
Investigates and recommends potential suppliers based on assessments of response to specifications, costs, inspection of facilities, and historical performance.
Facilitate technical trade-offs and standardization that may lead to more economical procurement. Recommends design changes to mitigate production issues.
Works with teams of Supplier and internal staff in collaboratively solving problems in Producibility, Quality, Inspection, Cost, Mistake-Proofing, Test, Reliability
Engineering degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
- Demonstrated ability to make critical decisions, set priorities and provide succinct direction in a dynamic business environment.
- Experience developing and maintaining positive working relationships with suppliers, internal and external customers.
- Working knowledge of problem solving/root cause analysis and process management.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written with management and customer
- Ability to data mine and present quantitatively to objectively state current activity
- Experience multi-tasking in multi-function environment and on projects from start to finish independently.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate time management skills and multitask
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in support of organizational goals
Must be able to plan, schedule, complete assignments within established deadlines and budget.
- Ability to utilize Continuous Improvement tools and methodologies to resolve issues.
Has desired skills and is self-directed to meet requirements of job description
- Clear and concise communication and writing skills
- Ability to travel on short notice up to 15%
- Six Sigma Green belt and AS9100D Certified
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerances
- Experience using Office Products, SAP, Solumina, P2P, MRB
- Ability to multitask and meet scheduled due dates.
- Currently holds a security clearance.
- Previous project management experience preferred.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.