Tek Wissen Group is a workforce management provider throughout the USA and many other countries in the world. The global company that designs, develops, and manufactures personal computers (PCs) and a variety of computer-related products. The company is one of the world's leading suppliers of PCs.
- The PCIe SSD engineer is responsible for debugging interactions at the system PCIe level and up to the OS driver stacks.
- This includes development process execution, integration testing, fault isolation and resolution, resolution of design issues.
Day to Day:
- Debug at the system level, process execution, integration testing, fault isolation and resolution, resolution of design issues.
- Executes test plans, logs defects to an agreed upon severity rating, and makes recommendations to address defects to the product team
- Retests software corrections to ensure defects are resolved.
- Provides solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Use tools appropriately with technical guidance and complete tasks and assignments under normal supervision.
- Proficiency in the design, implementation, and maintenance of a test environment, including necessary equipment, configuration, and software.
- Working knowledge of Servers, Storage, and Networking enterprise products.
- Ability to read a specification (hardware, software, or network) and develop appropriate test methodology.
- Ability to learn and apply new tools and applications.
- Full use and application of standard engineering principles, theories, and concepts.
- Executes test cases and testing methodology for manual and/or automated tests
- NV Me experience or, in lieu of that, PowerEdge server experience and some type of storage experience (PERC for example)
- Strong working knowledge of Operating systems and device driver programming interfaces.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, FIO, NV Me-CLI, and a scripting language (Python is preferred).
- Ability to quickly translate storage system NV Me drive use case into bench level test for feasibility.
- Ability to debug drive firmware and hardware issues.
- Strong knowledge of PCIe and NV Me protocols is a huge plus.
- Ability to use and understand PCIe/NV Me analyzer (LeCroy, Serial Tek, or Xgig) is a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, or VMware Operating system experience and driver development conceptual understanding a plus.
- Experience with NV Me protocol, flash/NAND technologies/interfaces, OS driver development is a huge plus for this role.
- Experience with the client PowerEdge servers is a huge plus.
- The position is needed to support the test, validation, and implementation of NV Me SSDs in PE.
- The funding is incremental and without this position, the qualification efforts will not be conducted.
TekWissen® Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action Employer (m/f/d/v) supporting workforce diversity.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: Up to $52.62 per hour
- DELL PowerEdge servers Linux FIO: 1 year (Preferred)
- NVMe-CLI Operating System: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location