Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
We are seeking a TS/SCI cleared Field Service Engineer, located in Honolulu, HI to be responsible for maintaining mission essential systems while providing direct support to end users in an operational environment.
In this role you will:
- Be proficient supporting a distributed LINUX server and Database environment - Virtual and Physical
- Problem solve complex IT topics and take initiative to recommend and implement solutions
- Positive attitude and user support oriented, willingness to teach and advise on technical and functional issues
- Be required to meet short notice operational requirements.
- 5+ years experience supporting Linux/Unix systems in an enterprise production environment.
- Expert Linux knowledge of RedHat, CentOS, Scientific Linux or similar Linux/Unix systems
- TCP/IP networking knowledge including addressing, sub-netting, routing, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with system administrative scripting. (bash, Python, etc)
- Experience with modern server deployment techniques including templates, kick starting, and configuration management systems, etc.
- No-SQL database server deployment and management (Cassandra, Mongodb, etc)
- SQL database experience (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
- Experience with deployment and configuration of monitoring systems (Nagios, Cacti, etc.)
- Strong understanding of security concepts including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, identity management, and hardening
- Experience implementing security best practices in production environments
- Experience with deploying and maintaining IT automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Salt, etc)
- Experience and knowledge of DNS configuration and best practices
- Experience with Data management and disaster recovery processes
- Experience with mission critical Enterprise level systems and IT operations, aka "5 Nines".
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Interact and collaborate with war-fighters on a daily basis
- Collect customer requirements and train users
- Willingness to work occasional long hour days and weekends when necessary
- Desire to learn new technologies to share and build knowledge with the teams
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Active TS/SCI clearance in JPAS
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas:
Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.