This individual mustbe proficient in various computer software tools, be highly efficient, and mustbe willing to work in an environment that is fast-paced with set deliveryschedules. This person will either generatepublication data for incorporation into technical documentation or develop Automotive/Heavyequipment troubleshooting, operator and maintenance manuals for technical publicationsutilizing customer-supplied source material.
JOB DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Authorstechnical documentation and diagnostic service procedures from source material gathered from engineeringresources and/or develops automotive/heavy equipment troubleshooting, operatorand maintenance manuals.
- Musthave a technical understanding of machine operating principles for electricaland/or hydraulic systems.
- Accuratelydevelops system specific diagnostics and electrical service procedures usingclient supplied information.
- Interfaceswith engineers, technical writers, product specialists and technicians.
- Abilityto interpret blueprints and detailed engineering specifications is required.
- Mustbe proficient with a personal computer and various software including desktoppublishing, spreadsheet, word processing, illustration, and database programs.
- Strict adherence to using QualityAssurance Plans and Standard Operating Procedures.
- RequiresAssociates degree (minimum), in addition to vocational, career, or relatedtechnical studies in technical writing, automotive repair or other engineeringdiscipline, preferably with hands-on automotive/agriculture repair experience.
- Experienced in developing diagnostic information for automotive service industry or industry equivalent.
- Familiaritywith heavy truck engine, agriculture and vehicle product lines is desirable.
- Experiencein developing diagnostic information for heavy equipment/agriculture serviceindustry is desirable.
- Experience in desktop publishingsoftware including Arbortext, FrameMaker and/or InDesign is desirable.
- Extremely well organized and must beextremely detailed oriented.
- "High visibility"position--must have expert communication and computer skills and the ability toeffectively work with internal and external customers.
- Can multi-task and be flexible to workwhen “peak” volume periods are encountered.
- Must be able to work to establishedprogram schedules, provide reports, and coordinate with global suppliers on an as-neededbasis.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally.
GGS offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as a 401(k) plan with company match and tuition reimbursement.
GGS Information Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The objective of the Company is to recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels, the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, military service, marital status or sexual orientation (M/W/D/V).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour
- Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Outlook: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction