In its fourth decade of service, McKinley Architecture and Engineering is a full-service architectural and engineering firm that designs educational, commercial/retail, industrial, governmental, and institutional buildings.
McKinley Architecture and Engineering is growing and in need of a full-time registered architects and project architects to join our team. McKinley Architecture and Engineering is seeking qualified individuals that will be able to acclimate quickly and "hit the ground running". McKinley Architecture and Engineering has three offices, Wheeling, WV - Wexford, PA and Charleston, WV with positions available in all.
Position Qualifications & Skills:
- First Professional degree in Architecture or other qualifications approved by state architectural board;
- Registered architect (WV preferred, state of residence minimum), NCARB Certification Preferred with willingness to pursue out-of-state registration(s) as required;
- 3+ years of experience performing as a registered architect preferred;
- Strong design skills and proficiency in Autodesk products and other computer-aided design software;
- Ability to understand, develop, and communicate design concepts quickly through verbal and written communication, hand sketches, and 3D models; and
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Protect the client and public’s health, safety, and welfare by acting with reasonable care and competence applying technical knowledge and skill in accordance with the standard of care and practice law;
- Perform all duties in conformance with relevant codes and laws including working with relevant authorities having jurisdiction and coordinating their review submissions for work under their responsible control;
- Create project design concepts using computer-aided design software, and/or hand sketching;
- Develop, or work with PM if designated, to develop with clients’ overall project goals and constraints, including client objectives, design criteria, project and design budgets and schedule requirements;
- Oversee and direct architectural team’s daily project activities, status, and progress in all project phases in preparing technical drawings and specifications;
- Monitor, make adjustments, and confirm – or work with PM – to verify project is on schedule, is in alignment with the owner(s) and firm budget parameters;
- Exercise appropriate knowledge of engineering disciplines to evaluate and coordinate work done by our consultants and internal engineering team;
- Provide bidding and construction contract administration of architectural elements including requests for information, submittals, cost events, pay application and on-site observations in accordance with contract and standard of care, working with firm’s construction administrators, engineers, and PM if designated; and
- Assist with quality control activities for project.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What license or designations do you currently have?
Work Location: Multiple Locations