Reporting to: Service General Manager
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Status: Non-exempt (overtime rules apply)
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.
NuFlare Technology, Inc. leverages creative science and technology to develop mask lithography, mask inspection and deposition equipment that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient semiconductor devices. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality and reduce power-consumption of their semiconductor devices. Our headquarters are in Yokohama, Japan, and we have five office locations around the United States including Boise Idaho, Hillsboro, Oregon, Hopewell Junction, New York, and Sunnyvale, California.
NuFlare Technology America, Inc. has a challenging opportunity for a service engineer based on the East Coast supporting a novel deposition system in a growing semiconductor device market. Prior service experience in semiconductors is preferred as well as strong customer skills. Significant travel >80% is expected.
- Install, repair, calibrate and maintain semiconductor process equipment while minimizing equipment down time. Escalate advanced repairs as needed, to senior level technicians.
- Become US expert in new deposition equipment
- Monitor, inspect and maintain semiconductor equipment in order to prevent and minimize malfunctions.
- Maintain accurate documentation of maintenance activity and provide periodic reports
- Provide training and assistance to technicians and may provide basic instruction to customers.
- Participate in ongoing technical training to expand technical expertise.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of related (electromechanical) work experience (i.e., field service engineer or technician position in a semiconductor equipment company or a technical position in the engineering field). CVD, MOCVD or Epi experience preferred.
- Significant travel >80% is expected (valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record necessary).
- Requires MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Position may require travel to other offices/customer sites within the US. Some overseas travel as needed.
- Requires ability to work flexible shifts
- This position requires driving for company business as an essential function of the job and must remain in compliance with company safety guidelines and policies.
- Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds individually and for lifting over 50 pounds assistance may be available.
- Substantial amount of standing, walking, typing, grasping, talking and hearing.
- Occasionally kneeling, crouching, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling and climbing stairs or ladder.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity with or without corrective lenses for extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Working primarily in a cleanroom environment (wearing full clean room suit, facemask, gloves, safety glasses)
- The work environment may include a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to chemicals, heat, working in enclosed spaces, close quarters, narrow aisles or passageways.
- The work environment may include working in highly time sensitive situations requiring quick resolution including equipment problems.
The company will not pursue or support visa sponsorship for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- What is your expected salary range?
- Electromechanical work: 2 years (Preferred)
- Semiconductor equipment service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations